SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant starts along with VB 6 application

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant starts along with VB 6 application
GebissetDK

Post SQL Assistant starts along with VB 6 application Reply with quote
Hi,

I've disabled the SQL Assistant VB6 integretation through the options screen: Targets -> "vb6.exe VbaWindow" is not enabled. However the SQL Assistant prevents my VB6 application from starting if if use Full Compile (Ctrl+F5). If I run it normally it starts ok without interruptions by the SQL Assistant.

Even if I suspend the SQL Assistant I can't start the VB6 application, I have to shut the SQL Assistant down.

VB6 app. uses a ADO for connecting to SQL Server 2000 db.

Regards,

Rasmus
Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:05 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Not a bug Reply with quote
Change the default hot-key in SQL Assistant from Ctrl+F5 to something else. To do that double-click on the SQL Assistant icon in the system tray, activate Options tab, click on Add/Modify Target filed, press new hotkey, then click OK button to save new settings
Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
GebissetDK

Post Nice :) Reply with quote
Ah... nonetheless it's pretty bad to ship the program with hot keys that conflicts with one of the environments in which it can be used :)
Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That's why you can change it.

By the way, SQL Assistant is not really designed for any particular environment. It can be used with many different editors and systems. If you want you can read other messages in that forum to see where it is being used.
There is no way to pick a hot key not used by any of the existing programs. You are supposed to pick them yourself and chose these that don't conflict with programs you use.
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: