SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Using SQL Assistant

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Using SQL Assistant
fhanlon

Post Using SQL Assistant Reply with quote
I sucessfully installed SQL Assistant. It now shows up as a red SQL in the toolbar. However nothing happens. I am using Query analyzer to access SQL Server and the is no prompt, nothing changes to uppercase. Its as if the product is not installed. When i right click on the SQL icon, the menu reads SUSPEND, OPTIONS ABOUT EXIT. I tried suspending it which works, then resuming it which aslo works but to no effect. I tried to manually invoke SQL assistant with Ctlr=Space but still nothing.

I am running Windows XP professional, SQL Server 2000, SQL Assistant 1.044

Any suggestions to make SQL Assistant do something?
Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Very strange. Try this, right click on the icon in the system tray, click Options menu item; On the Options dialog click Targets tab and ensure MS Query Analyzer item is checked.

If it doesn't help, please try reinstalling SQL Assistant. The last build is 1.0.47.
Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
fhanlon

Post Reply with quote
I remove SQL Assistant and reinstalled the latest version 1.047 with no difference. All targets (except Notepad) are selected on the target tab. But nothing works. I am in Query analyzer and if press CTRL Space or CTRL F1 or CTRL F5 nothing happens Its no different than before I installed the product.
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message
fhanlon

Post Reply with quote
Now when I go into Enterprise manager and try to create a job I get a pop up window from SQL Manager asking me to Log in. I pass the server name leaving the rest as default (windows authentication which is what I normally use) The pop up goes away, and the screen where I was writing the T_SQL code for the job greys out and the after a few minutes Enterprise Manager crashes (MMC abend) I tried this a couple of times with the same results.
Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
fhanlon

Post Reply with quote
A further update... AI think I know what my previous issue with Query Analyzer relates to. I very rarely open Query Analyzer from the START, ALL Programs... etc menu. If I do then SQL Assistant works. If I open up Enterprise Manager, then go to the TOOLS menu and select Query Analyzer it does not work.
Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I guess, I know what the issue then. Prior to built .049 SQL Assistant used case-sensitive program name options. So if you register “isqlw.exe” it would not work with “ISQLW.EXE” and you would need to register ISQLW.EXE as a separate target.

This has changed in the last build. The program name comparison is case-insensitive now.
Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: