SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Schema Compare

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Schema Compare
seth.rothman

Post Schema Compare Reply with quote
I just upgraded from Standard to Professional and went to use the Schema Compare feature for the first time. No issues with the basic comparison (i.e. it found all the differences) but I quickly noticed that the resulting script didn't take into account object dependencies. Did I miss a setting or does the generated script not take into account the order that scripts need to be created?
Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Which database types did you compare?
Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
seth.rothman

Post Reply with quote
In this particular instance it was Views and Functions. One function was dependent on a view and one view was dependent on another view.
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:20 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I meant to ask what type of the database. Is that Postgres or SQL Server or something else? The dependencies analysis is based to a large degree on the database system's dependencies view if such a view is provided. We look at the system dependencies first, then we apply this order - databases and other high level objects, then schemas, then tables, then functions and procedures, then views and materialized views, then everything else. From your description it sounds like your case was the oppositive, you had a function dependent on a view and needing a view created first.
Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:25 am View user's profile Send private message
seth.rothman

Post Reply with quote
I'm using SQL Server 2019. And, yes, I had a Function dependent on a View. And a View dependent on a different View.
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: