SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How to disable "Restore Tabs" in SSMS

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
How to disable "Restore Tabs" in SSMS
yzhao888

Post How to disable "Restore Tabs" in SSMS Reply with quote
Recently when I open MS SQL Server Management Studio, it is always asking to "Restore Tabs". The list is getting longer and longer every day. May I ask how to disable this feature in SQL Assistance Version 12.4.476?
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The list is getting longer because tabs are not getting closed. Is that what is happening, you are not closing unused tabs? Am I correct?

The main purpose of that feature is to restore the environment to the state it was before last graceful or ungrateful (like computer restart after updates, etc...) closing. The other side is to get a single prompt to save all modified tabs instead of separate prompts for each.

If you still want to disable that, you can use the Document Manager options on the Target tab in the main Options dialog. You need to select Target tab, then select SQL Server Management Studio in the list on the left. Expand Document Manager section on the right, and customize its options.
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
yzhao888

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the information. I will try the options in the Document Manager section. But I did close all the tabs when I close SSMS.
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please reach out to support, send them a copy of SQL Assistant log file. There are might be errors updating the internal Document Manager database, and that's why it it's showing previously closed tabs. They will need to review your log file to figure out what's going on.
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
yzhao888

Post Reply with quote
Since I changed "Prompt to Restore Tabs on Startup" to Dialog, it seems no more prompt anymore. Will monitor for the next few days. Thanks for your helps.
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: