SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FR:Tabs color by connection color

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
FR:Tabs color by connection color
13th

Post FR:Tabs color by connection color Reply with quote
Pinned tabs has other color than regular, but it would be nice to color all tabs by their connection color
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Not only pinned sticky tabs. Running tabs also have different colors. I know for sure both features were requested by users. This makes it a bit difficult to mix with connection colors without coloring conflicts.

Did you know that you can choose different connection colors to color them in the status bar?
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:47 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Not only pinned sticky tabs. Running tabs also have different colors. I know for sure both features were requested by users.

I was that rebel :)

SysOp wrote:

This makes it a bit difficult to mix with connection colors without coloring conflicts.

Did you know that you can choose different connection colors to color them in the status bar?

I guess he's aware of that feature but has an issue with it not being visible in case it's not the active tab. I've already tried figuring out something for that because it bothers me too. But now that I check the tab again I think I've noticed something that could be useful. My eyes might be deceiving me but the color for the currently running tabs seems to be some kind of a gradient (top to bottom). For the sticky tab, I'm not sure. It looks like it's more consistent, but the executing tab is definitely a high-intensity yellow at the top and it's fading towards the bottom. Or at least that's what I see.

If that's not something that Windows does and you can control it in SQL Editor, perhaps it could be used for getting the best of both worlds. If the gradient could be applied from left-to-right instead of top-to-bottom it would be even more of an eye-catcher.
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:24 am View user's profile Send private message
13th

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:

yes, but
gemisigo wrote:
I guess he's aware of that feature but has an issue with it not being visible in case it's not the active tab

when there are many tabs opened from different servers, it's difficult to quickly find the one you need. Coloring will help
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Alright, you convinced me :-)
I will submit an enactment request ticket to support connection colors in the tabs too.
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: