SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.2.246 Pro] - Q: Keywords

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.2.246 Pro] - Q: Keywords
gemisigo

Post [11.2.246 Pro] - Q: Keywords Reply with quote
There are two new sections in Keywords (besides [Preferred keywords] and [Do not add delimiters]). These are [FROM] and [SELECT]. I haven't found anything about them in the user guide? Could you tell us what they do?

Additionally, is it allowed to create our own keyword sections (eg. [Types], [Functions], [Used with SET], [Other], etc.) or are they going to interfere with the process of the existing keywords and expected sections?
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:12 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
They are not really new, available since version 10.0. The sections you referenced are keyword specific. That Keyword section is more or less generic, it's used in multiple places, including Intellisense. the confusing part they are anchored on the Code Formatting tab because that's where the Keywords are. The settings in question help showing smarter keyword prompts based on their likelihood rather than alphabetical order. For example there are greater chances that after FROM you would want to see JOIN, OUTER JOIN, then WHERE, that that you would want to see at the top of the suggestions list in the order you indicated.
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the clarification. Also, that (and my experiences after experimenting a bit) implicitly answers my second question, that adding custom sections will most likely interfere with the keyword prompt process.

That's a pity :( I wanted to separate types and functions from the rest of the keywords. I guess I can still do that, I'm only not allowed to add section names to them, am I right?
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:41 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think you can add new sections, but they need to be keyword based, similar to [FROM], [SELECT] and be at the end, or else it won't recognize them.
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: