SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.0.35 Pro] - $OBJECT()$ + $COLUMN()$ issue

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.0.35 Pro] - $OBJECT()$ + $COLUMN()$ issue
gemisigo

Post [11.0.35 Pro] - $OBJECT()$ + $COLUMN()$ issue Reply with quote
The $OBJECT()$ macro seems to disregard the setting Only for objects in other schema or database when mixing it with the $COLUMN()$ macro.

I have a snippet for updating tables or just selected columns.
Code:

UPDATE $OBJECT(table)$ as u
SET
   "u."$COLUMNS(vertical,updatable)$" = "|
WHERE   1 = 1
   AND u;

If I invoke this snippet with a table from another schema (in MariaDB), the resulting code will stick the schema name in front of the table name. However, if I expand the table and select a few columns, the $OBJECT$ macro will still get the correct table name, but omits the schema name. Check this short video here, where I check the $OBJECT()$ macro alone (it won't trigger when selecting columns) and in tandem with the $COLUM()$ macro. It behaves as if I had used $OBJECT(ins_object, table)$ instead of $OBJECT(table)$.

Now those two might not have been foreseen to be used simultaneously, but they do work well together (except for this small glitch). Could you improve/fix it, please?
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for reporting this. We are looking into the issue. Tracking number #SA0037429.
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: