SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.0.12 Beta]: Installation freezes Registering SSMS addon.

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.0.12 Beta]: Installation freezes Registering SSMS addon.
Mindflux

Post [11.0.12 Beta]: Installation freezes Registering SSMS addon. Reply with quote
My installation is just freezing trying to register the SSMS addon. I restarted just for the sake of restarting to try the install again and when the system came back up it told me SQL Assistant integrity check failed when the systray icon tried to load. I re-ran the installer and am stuck in the same point in the install again.

Win 7 64 bit up to date on patches
SSMS 17.9.1

I've since reinstalled 11.0.6 successfully just to be able to work today.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The difference between 11.0.6 and the latest setup for 11.0.12 is that it now tries to delete MEF cache to force SSMS to register the add-on correctly.

The location of the MEF cache file is version specific. I think if you delete it manually before running the install, this won't be an issue.

the cache is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\...\ComponentModelCache folder. I used 3 dots as a placeholder for SSMS version specific subfolder name.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:43 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
The difference between 11.0.6 and the latest setup for 11.0.12 is that it now tries to delete MEF cache to force SSMS to register the add-on correctly.

The location of the MEF cache file is version specific. I think if you delete it manually before running the install, this won't be an issue.

the cache is located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio\...\ComponentModelCache folder. I used 3 dots as a placeholder for SSMS version specific subfolder name.

Thanks. That did remedy it.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: