SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
24x7 Scheduler start time issue

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
24x7 Scheduler start time issue
AllenV

Post 24x7 Scheduler start time issue Reply with quote
We just installed 24x7 Scheduler 5.3 and 24x7 Web Console Version 5.3.456. Whenever we schedule a job to run daily at a specific time (i.e. 03:00) the job runs at 00:00. Looking at the properties of the job shows that the start time is 00:00. When I change it to something else, it does not seem to take the changes and stays at 00:00. Anyone ever run into this issue?
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I bet this is a permissions issue and interference by Windows UAC. Please set the permissions for C:\24x7 folder. The user account you use to run the schedule needs full explicit permissions to that folder (given directly to the account, not one of it's groups, these are disregarded by UAC).. In other words, in Windows Explorer, right-click the Folder, go to Security, edit, add user to the list, click Full option below, and then OK.

I assume your job database file resides in C:\24x7. If it's not, you would also need to set permissions for the folder where that file is located.
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
AllenV

Post Reply with quote
The 24x7 Web Console is running on a different server as the 24x7 Scheduler Service. Both are running under the Local System account. Users login to the 24x7 Web Console with their domain user\password. Users only manage jobs using the 24x7 Web Console. I tried adding my domain user account with full permissions to the C:\24x7 folder (where the database file resides) on the 24x7 Scheduler Service server, but the issue is still happening.
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 am View user's profile Send private message
AllenV

Post Reply with quote
Additional info. I tried changing the time launching the 24x7 client on the server as a user who has full permissions on the C:\24x7 directory and the issue still happens. I then tried using the 24x7 command line console and changed the time there. That looks like it is working and saved the new time I set of 03:00.
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think it indicates an issue with web console data transfer or data format. The command console internally uses the same API. It cannot be a scheduler or permissions issues I think. The start time gets lost somewhere before reaching the scheduler and beign sent in a way the scheduler doesn't understand.
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
AllenV

Post Reply with quote
Why is it not working using the master.bat file to launch the 24x7 scheduler GUI? That isn't the web console.
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: