SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
pgAdmin3 - occassionaly lost Assistance

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
pgAdmin3 - occassionaly lost Assistance
michalk

Post pgAdmin3 - occassionaly lost Assistance Reply with quote
Hello
At first I want to notice it's not brand new issue. I think it appeared the first time some time ago, maybe with some specific major version (9)?
Also it happens only with pgAdmin III. It doesn't happen with Notepad++

I usually suspend or my work Notebook before going home. Next day, SA informs me it's disconnected, so I connect it to a server.
The connection is successful, I can see a message it has been connected. I can get object information hovering over objects.

What does not work is SQL assistance, including hotkey (CTRL+Space by default). To make it working I have to close SA and run it again.
Maybe it has something to do with still existing "Unsupported window class (wxWindowClassNR)" issue? This message appears every time I open Target Options for pgAdmin III. Even if Assistance works. In such case I cannot change/confirm target options because [OK] button is grayed out.

Do you have any idea why only Assistance is not working?

With regards
Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Are you able to reproduce this issue if you terminate your connection on the backend?
Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately I did not succeed in recreating specific scenario so far
Today I got following err message:

But usually there is no any message.
Mon May 21, 2018 5:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
May I ask you to enable logging in pgAdmin. In the File/Options you can choose the logging level, please set it to Debug. Let's find out what happens to connections before that issue starts manifesting.

Also, it's very likely for PostgreSQL database connections you use native pqLib interface with SQL Assistant and in Notepad++ too. A copy of the library is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SQL Assistant 9\data\PGx86 and C:\Program Files\SQL Assistant 9\data\PGx64, one of them is used for 32-bit applications and another for 64-bit. The library version is from PG 9.4 I think, which different from the one used by your pgAdmin version and so it may handle idle connections and connection aborts differently. That potentially can be a factor too.
Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Why are you suggesting to monitor pgAdmin3 connection?
Doesn't SA has its own connection? I'm reporting a problem with SA's assistance (intellisense) while other part of SA functionality (object information by hovering over the object) remains working.
Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Do you get a separate prompt for the database connection? Every time you open new Query window?

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see when intellisense stops working after connection expiration? If possible, can you grab it with intellisense popup visible so that we can see its content?
Wed May 23, 2018 10:40 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Here we go.

It happened just after opening new query window in pgAdmin. I had been asked by SA to connect to a sever. I have done that.
After that SA was refusing to show assistance (intellisence). What you see on the firs screenshot is result of attempt of open assistance (Shift or CTRL + Spacebar). At the same time SA is able to show table information (by hovering over the table name with CTRL), see the 2nd picture or show data by clicking on table name (no screenshot for this). Even after showing data or table information, intellisense remains not working.
Thu May 24, 2018 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are investigating this issue.
Fri May 25, 2018 1:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: