SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
"There is no assistance options for Sql Sever"

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
"There is no assistance options for Sql Sever"
SqlExplorer

Post "There is no assistance options for Sql Sever" Reply with quote
After running a short query in the Sql Editor, and waiting over 10 minutes for the Syntax Check to complete, I had to exit Sql Editor abnormally.

When I tried to run it again, it returns with a popup error that "There is no assistance options for Sql Server".

It looks like all my settings are gone.

And if I go into Options, and try to Save any settings, the same error pops up. I can't seem to re-add any connections.

Unfortunately, I can't reinstall Sql Assistant (the current version is 9.5.444). Recently, our ITS division removed Admin access to our PCs. I'm mostly using Portable apps at this point, except for the applications that I installed before they took away Admin rights.

Is there any way to get the settings back? I've also tried rebooting, and can't do anything with the Assistant.

It's very possible that this is unresolvable. If any suggestions, let me know.
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That should be easy to fix.

Please open the Options dialog and choose Import button (left bottom corner) and choose default options. This will restore most of the factory default settings. Apply then.
After that click the Import button again, use the browse and select one of your SAS files from %APP_DATA%\SQL Assistant\9.5, choose your custom options that you want, and import them back.

By the way, after 9.5.444 release there were 2 consolidated bug fix updates and another one is expected later this week. I highly recommend installing them. It sounds like you may need to ask your admins for help with that. Typically such updates are installed with 3 mouse clicks, right-click SQL Assistant icon in the system try, and choose check for Updates, then click the Ok button to confirm you want to install them.
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer

Post Reply with quote
Whew. That worked, thanks.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do any more updates, on any software. Things have changed drastically, so we can't even install free stuff, without a long approval process. And even then, it's not guaranteed.

My only options, are Portable apps.

Anyway, thanks. Back to normal, now.

Regards,

SysOp wrote:
That should be easy to fix.

Please open the Options dialog and choose Import button (left bottom corner) and choose default options. This will restore most of the factory default settings. Apply then.
After that click the Import button again, use the browse and select one of your SAS files from %APP_DATA%\SQL Assistant\9.5, choose your custom options that you want, and import them back.

By the way, after 9.5.444 release there were 2 consolidated bug fix updates and another one is expected later this week. I highly recommend installing them. It sounds like you may need to ask your admins for help with that. Typically such updates are installed with 3 mouse clicks, right-click SQL Assistant icon in the system try, and choose check for Updates, then click the Ok button to confirm you want to install them.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: