SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[9.5.444 Pro] - Right arrow not inserting package

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[9.5.444 Pro] - Right arrow not inserting package
gemisigo

Post [9.5.444 Pro] - Right arrow not inserting package Reply with quote
Hitting the right arrow key on any schema in a popup on SQL Server will both insert the schema + period and update the popup (or open a new one?) with the objects in that schema. The same does not happen when trying to insert/expand a package in Oracle as I'd expect, I have to press enter followed by another period to reopen the popup. Is that intentional?
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
May I ask in which kind of SQL statement you are referencing the package?
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sure. I'd like to call a stored procedure from SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP. Oracle doesn't have EXECUTE for stored procedures as SQL Server (and even there it is optional in case the statement is first in the batch), hence I think it's pretty hard to guess what the user wants when there's only SYS.dbmsdapu typed into the editor.
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Let me clarify myself.

Is the code like CALL SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP.... ;
or like
BEGIN
SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP....;
END;
/
or something else similar.

I'd like to try what you enter to test it locally.
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Okay, sorry, now I see. It was the latter (BEGIN ... END). But now I've tried the first one, and it behaves the same. Can it be because of some residue of settings inherited from 9.2?
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't think so. But please give me a little while to check if that is by design.
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It appears that behavior is by design. With the schema, it's done for internal reasons, the schema name is inserted immediately, to change the context of the following operations.

There is no need to press enter to insert package name, you can continue with the right arrow to expand the next level, then select the procedure or property required using and up and down arrow keys and only then press enter key. In the end it will fill in the complete schema.package.procedure(...parameters...) string
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:23 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I've got no objections against hitting the enter if that's by design or cannot be otherwise. I know that pressing the right arrow will expand the package level, my problem is that when that expansion happens, I can no longer filter the list of the procedures/functions by typing characters (additional issue see here). Using up/down or even page up/down can be really time-consuming with tons of objects in the package. Filtering them is much faster.

Nevermind, hitting the enter it will be then.
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: