SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[9.2.349] - Popup size and content for SELECT in PostgreSQL

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[9.2.349] - Popup size and content for SELECT in PostgreSQL
gemisigo

Post [9.2.349] - Popup size and content for SELECT in PostgreSQL Reply with quote
There's something malfunctioning in PostgreSQL when popups are displayed. After a common SELECT I get a very small and empty(???) popup. When I start typing a name SA begins filtering on existing tables (in this case for tables film and actor in the sample database provided by PostgreSQL). The popup is still small, the candidates cannot be read and it only allows adjusting its height. Expanding the table currently selected (which one I've got no idea since it's not fully shown until it is unfolded) widens the popup and shows everything relevant. Luckily, collapsing it keeps the size as it was instead of squashing it back. INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE all start with a wider popup (though all of them empty), but the one SELECT presents is excruciatingly annoying.

Check this short video here.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for reporting this. If you right-click that weird popup, do you see "Automatic window Sizing" option checked or unchecked?
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
It was unchecked. I turned it on but it doesn't seem to help, the popup is still small and objects cannot be seen properly.
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Can you please list database names on that server? Does your account have permissions to list databases? Do you see anything unusual?

I can log this as an issue. It's just without any hints to what may be causing that, it would be difficult to reproduce and fix it.
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sure. There are 3 (user) accessible databases:
dvdrental,
postgis_23_sample and
postgres.

The account has permissions to list databases (it's superuser). By the way, the two mentioned tables can be seen in the Database Explorer in the video. They are in the public schema. It also happens when I type period after SELECT "public". I get an empty popup (though much wider than tapping Space after SELECT). And it is immediately populated as soon as I type the first letter.

Its behavior resembles having DB Options > List Items in Enabled after first letter match state, but they aren't, I've double-checked that.
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
It is caused by Name Matching Method. If it's set to Name Starts with Key String the initial popup will be of proper initial size and populated. Set it to anything else and it will be shrunk and empty.

Could you fix that, please? Being used to Name Contains Characters from Key String, Order by Best Match having it 'downgraded' to Name Starts with Key String seems like a torture.
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for identifying the cause of the issue. It's very helpful. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have logged this bug under #SA0032313
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:05 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much.
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: