SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[9.2.349 Pro] - Incremental search side-effect

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[9.2.349 Pro] - Incremental search side-effect
gemisigo

Post [9.2.349 Pro] - Incremental search side-effect Reply with quote
Incremental search in SE has a pretty nasty side-effect (besides this one). Occasionally, when the searched term found happen to be right after a period, it immediately triggers a popup. Check this short video here. I cannot determine its cause and it does not always occur. I was able to narrow it down: it won't trigger when searching for szamla_uj in INSERT INTO `szamla`.szamla_uj but it would happen on every table starting with eladas (6 different tables) above the one you can see in the video. It will also remain inert if the table is part of a SELECT statement, it has to be an INSERT INTO.

I've really got no idea what happens there. I've got no snippets starting with el or .el that could call for a popup.
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This is technically caused by a conflict and it can be reproduced using the following example

1. Add snippet "el" with $OBJECT$ macro and with Key Char ="Last Char"
2. Input "el" in SE - you will see a popup, which is correct.
3. Start incremental search, input el, you will get the behavior documented in your video.

We are going to have a fix for that that suppressing macro processing while SE is in search mode.
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Yes, that's the way you could reproduce it intentionally. The problem is that I don't have anything in my snippet list that could possibly trigger this, so in case it's not because snippets it might happen that suppressing them in search mode won't help. It also doesn't explain why it happens after INSERT INTO and doesn't after SELECT. Are triggered snippets logged somewhere? Or at least can it be turned on somehow? I've found no traces of them in SqlAssist.log.
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please add "/SA:TraceLogLevel:9" to the command line of SE. It will make it write additional diagnostic trace messages to SqlAssist.log file. Hope this will help to reveal what's triggering the abnormal behavior.
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Well, the trace did not yield anything useful but after a few minutes of experimenting I successfully nabbed the crook. It also revealed why it was happening after INSERT INTO but lay low after SELECT.

It was triggered by a snippet named insel. As it can be seen in the video, when I began searching and typed e for eladas the caret jumped to and highlighted letter E in INSERT. SA fires snippets even when they get completed in the middle of a word so I guess it simply took that word fragment as the beginning of the snippet and though it jumped away upon typing l it still interpreted as if I just completed insel. The snippet requirements were considered fulfilled, hence the popup was delivered. In case it was found after SELECT this unintentional partial snippet was incomplete and was not executed.

In conclusion, disabling/suppressing snippet processing will most likely fix it.
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: