SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[9.2.349 Pro] - Table Data Export in MySQL

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[9.2.349 Pro] - Table Data Export in MySQL
gemisigo

Post [9.2.349 Pro] - Table Data Export in MySQL Reply with quote
TDE does not show the pane with the data exported in case I select more than one table.
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I got a reply that exporting data from multiple tables to code pane shouldn't be possible. What steps are you using for that? Are you talking about the Script Data or Export to...?
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm talking about Script Data, Export to only exports to file, and purely data, no scripts. And you got it right, it's not possible. I cannot say for sure but I recall using this in previous versions for multiple tables at once and putting the result to wasn't an issue there.

Nevertheless, it doesn't work now. But why does exporting data from multiple tables work with files but not with Code Pane? What difference is there?
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Exporting data to files, for example to CSV files, is supposed to create separate file for every table because each table structure is unique. All other modes are unintentional.
Scripting data in a form of SQL queries is somewhat table structure independent and so data from multiple tables can be written to a single file or a single pane. If you are talking about scripting, not exporting, and it doesn't work for multiple tables, I suspect that's a bug.
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I wasn't asking the difference between scripting and exporting , that's I'm aware of, but between putting the results of of scripting to file or to a code pane. Scripting multiple tables puts the resulting script into a file properly. Choosing code pane as a target churns the server the same way as scripting them to a file with the exception of showing the code pane when there's one table and not showing when there's two or more, so I guess you'd qualify that as a bug.
Check a short video here.
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: