SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
$PROMPT()$ macro

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
$PROMPT()$ macro
gemisigo

Post $PROMPT()$ macro Reply with quote
When does the eval of $PROMPT()$ macros happen? At the beginning of the snippet (before everything else) or when the snippet execution comes to that part? Is it possible to populate the list of choices for a prompted option with the results of a $$...$$?
Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure if "at the beginning" is a technically correct answer, I think the engine evaluates macros referenced in the snippet code that it needs to execute, aggregates them as not to prompt for the same things multiple times, and then decides which prompts and in which order it needs to display. I don't believe that $PROMPT...$ or any other macro supports dynamic parameters by design as it would require multiple passes when evaluating the snippet code, which I don't believe it's designed for.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I was afraid the answer was going to be something like that. Dynamically assembled $PROMPT$ choices could be a powerful feature, kind of a user-defined popup. Would you be so kind and ask the teams opinion on that, please? I'd like to know what they think about it.
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: