SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.185 Pro] - Menu issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.185 Pro] - Menu issues
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much.
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Email was sent with instructions for downloading the debug version.
Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your files. The issue appears to be specific to certain versions of Windows 10 64-bit and it's not specific to SQL Editor, it can be reproduced in some other target editors too. A fix for this issue will be available soon.
Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That's good news, thank you very much.
Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This issue is fixed in the latest released build 9.0.194.
Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Confirmed.

There's another glitch, though a minor one. I don't think it needs to be fixed but you might want to know about. There are buttons for moving the items up and down while editing the menu. When you move an item down, you cannot move it to the bottom, it doesn't go below the penultimate one, neither with the button nor by dragging it. You have to move the one on the bottom on the top of the previous one.
Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Confirmed.

There's another glitch, though a minor one. I don't think it needs to be fixed but you might want to know about. There are buttons for moving the items up and down while editing the menu. When you move an item down, you cannot move it to the bottom, it doesn't go below the penultimate one, neither with the button nor by dragging it. You have to move the one on the bottom on the top of the previous one.

I think this is a feature. Some items at the bottom are special, they have to be the last ones.
Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:05 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Well, it might be a half-hearted constraint, for it does prohibit explicitly moving the (n-1)th item to (n)th place when there are n items. It does not, however, make it impossible to implicitly move it there by moving the (n)th item to the (n-1)th position, thus pushing the second-to-last item to be the last one.

I also haven't found any errors as a result of moving the last items above the one I created.

But, as I said, I don't think this is a bug, just a minor inconsistency in button behavior.
Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
You know, that's odd. I had SQL Sentry Plan Explorer below refresh cache and I moved it up (to test what gemisigo was talking about) and sure enough I can't move it back down. It's just odd I had it at the very bottom 30 seconds ago.

*Edit: The arrows don't work to move it down, but I can drag it back down (or drag Refresh Cache up).
Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:55 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Yes, when you create it, it starts at the bottom. With the arrows you can move it up but not down to be the last one. You have to drag it up or use the up arrow on the last one to move it upwards, resulting in the next-to-the last item to move down at the same time.
Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That might be an unintended behavior. Let me check if moving to the end is supported and get back to you.
Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:45 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In version 9.2 there is a new feature available for adding custom commands and actions to context menus of different panes. For example, one can add a command to the Execution Plan pane to have the plan saved to an XML file or to clipboard and then automatically start an external application such as SQL Sentry Plan Explorer. It can be added in the Options -> Targets -> Common -> Custom Menu Commands
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:16 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Splendid :)
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: