SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.176 Pro] - Update workspace 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.176 Pro] - Update workspace 2
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.0.176 Pro] - Update workspace 2 Reply with quote
I've had to create another topic because the last one was locked (why?).

The issue is back again, but the error message in the log is different this time:

Quote:

2016-11-11 15:27:22 SqlEditor64.exe Selected DB items count: 5
2016-11-11 15:27:22 SqlEditor64.exe fmSCSRepProgress: Create
2016-11-11 15:27:22 SqlEditor64.exe Start task TSCSTask_DatabaseToWorkspace at $000000000B3C8B20
2016-11-11 15:27:38 SqlEditor64.exe Failed getting DDL: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2016-11-11 15:27:38 SqlEditor64.exe Failed getting DDL: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2016-11-11 15:27:38 SqlEditor64.exe RefreshTrees(262) begin.
2016-11-11 15:27:38 SqlEditor64.exe RefreshTrees end.
2016-11-11 15:27:41 SqlEditor64.exe End task TSCSTask_DatabaseToWorkspace at $000000000B3C8B20

Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:30 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We expect a fix for the issue with table DDL extraction released next week. It has been already implemented and queued for the release version.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
This is great news. I was getting desperate and began testing comparison and source control solutions from ApexSQL and RedGate. As I expected, they worked out of box and had fewer bugs (still, they were there). In exchange customization was at beginner level. Also, they only work with SQL Server so that makes them a temporary substitute at best.

Though the staff at ApexSQL was rather willing and helpful, it only proved that a forum is a much more suitable tool to solve issues such as this than email would ever be.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
This is great news. I was getting desperate and began testing comparison and source control solutions from ApexSQL and RedGate. As I expected, they worked out of box and had fewer bugs (still, they were there). In exchange customization was at beginner level. Also, they only work with SQL Server so that makes them a temporary substitute at best.

Though the staff at ApexSQL was rather willing and helpful, it only proved that a forum is a much more suitable tool to solve issues such as this than email would ever be.

I had tested RedGate SCS before I bought SQL Assistant way back in 2012 (or whenever). I had found myself wishing that SQL Assistant's SCS was more like RedGates (Though I cannot recall why now).

I had gone through all of the "autocomplete tools" SQL Prompt, ApexSQL Complete, Devart SQL Complete and SQL Assistant won overall because I thought I could use it with Microsoft Access (but it turns out they use the catalog API for tables, so it doesn't show my linked tables).

Overall I'm still pleased with SQL Assistant (though I haven't revisited any of the competition in a while) But somehow I have a feeling their support may not be as quick.. I'm sure it helps we have a forum to vet our issues on.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I visit them every once in a while. Mostly to check their comparison tools and 'steal' new ideas. But this time I was in dire need for source control so I checked those as well. My experience is that both ApexSQL and RedGate has competent staff and reliable support but they don't come anywhere near SoftTree Tech when it comes to amenability. Even their responsiveness is acceptable but STT is usually much faster. This forum and the ability to share thoughts and be exposed to other viewpoints gives us unsurpassable flexibility. Sometimes I wonder how many people are behind SysOp.

Hmm, I just checked and I have 8 unanswered posts/questions, half of them already stalked to page two :)
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
I wish messaging was enabled here. I'd love to bounce things off you privately.

I too wonder how many reply as sysop
Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:
I wish messaging was enabled here. I'd love to bounce things off you privately.

Well, that would be nice. But while there aren't a lot of active (or at least actively contributing) people here, many are reading it and that would deprive those others of our thoughts. Also, SysOp almost always has pretty some good insights. Nevertheless, I'm pretty easy to reach. You just have to try :)
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I've found you online but most places seem like you've abandoned the account like on twitter.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Hmm, I just checked and I have 8 unanswered posts/questions, half of them already stalked to page two :)

The answer is 2.

The reason there are no complete responses to several post of yours, we are waiting for help from the development team and they need more time to try to reproduce the issues and investigate their causes and look for solutions. So we are on the receiving end here too.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry for the disabled messaging and some other stuff being turned off, that's for a reason. We are trying to keep the amount of posted spam down and prevent other abuses of this support site.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I'm sorry for the disabled messaging and some other stuff being turned off, that's for a reason. We are trying to keep the amount of posted spam down and prevent other abuses of this support site.

Can't you set the board up to allow private messaging after the account has 25 posts or something ?
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:

The reason there are no complete responses to several post of yours, we are waiting for help from the development team and they need more time to try to reproduce the issues and investigate their causes and look for solutions. So we are on the receiving end here too.

Hey, don't take it too seriously, I was just teasing you, sorry if it caused confusion. I'm completely aware that certain things can take formidable amount of time. If I wasn't okay with that I'd ask/complain in those posts.

Mindflux wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've found you online but most places seem like you've abandoned the account like on twitter.

Yepp. I'm a workaholic, and as such, socially not very active. You can find me on gmail, though. I usually respond within a few hours.

SysOp wrote:

Yes, I've seen that a few times. The speed you clean up the mess those occasional spams create is remarkable.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm still getting those
Quote:

2016-11-21 10:44:34 SqlEditor64.exe Failed getting DDL: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

error messages. Any idea what those could be?
Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:45 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The topic subject issue should have been fixed in the latest build 9.0.185.
Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
The topic subject issue should have been fixed in the latest build 9.0.185.

The issue mentioned in parent topic was fixed indeed, by explicitly installing and early SMO version. The error message is different this time.
Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: