SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.176 Pro ] - Editor lockups and Document manager conn

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.176 Pro ] - Editor lockups and Document manager conn
Mindflux

Post [SA 9.0.176 Pro ] - Editor lockups and Document manager conn Reply with quote
On Friday I had several lockups, they started when I was trying to give more information in this thread:

http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24673

When I'd have to kill the task and bring it back up the document manager would bring my documents back up (YAY!).. however upon trying to continue work they'd lock up right away. I thought at first it was related to the number of tabs I had open (several), but as it turns out it's because somehow I lost my "Auto Connection" setting for SQL Editor. When the document manager brings up documents it seemed to open them in their old context. The tabs all said "CurrentFRY", where FRY is my server name, but Current is that weird context appending that SQL Editor does when you open "some tools".

After repairing my auto connection setting things started to work again (after I had suffered several lock ups).

So it appears that if you do not have an auto connection and the document manager comes up and restores tabs it does not take the time to discover if you are actually connected in any way? Usually with the auto connection empty when you launch the editor it asks you what to connect to... this isn't the case when you have the document manager come up right away and open up previously worked on documents.
Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing this.

Quote:
So it appears that if you do not have an auto connection and the document manager comes up and restores tabs it does not take the time to discover if you are actually connected in any way? Usually with the auto connection empty when you launch the editor it asks you what to connect to... this isn't the case when you have the document manager come up right away and open up previously worked on documents.

I think this is the key for reproducing the issue.
Would you elaborate a bit more on the above? Can it be reproduced on demand? What are the exact steps?
Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thank you for sharing this.

Quote:

I think this is the key for reproducing the issue.
Would you elaborate a bit more on the above? Can it be reproduced on demand? What are the exact steps?

1) Set Auto Connection to none
2) launch your target editor
3) the document manager comes up, select a few documents to open.
4) Try and add new logic to the document, the editor should freeze trying to give you any intellisense.

This is the gist of what I was doing, though I just tried it and it brought up the last connection context FRY(ODBC) for me. I think it really has to do with something that triggers the "Current" context logic in your tools.
Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:45 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
I got an exception just now.. in a "CurrentFRY" context when trying to run my ALTER PROCEDURE DDL.
I'm going to email it to support.
Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: