SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.176] Upgrade broke target preferences

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.176] Upgrade broke target preferences
Mindflux

Post [SA 9.0.176] Upgrade broke target preferences Reply with quote

This is for SSMS, it was NEVER set to Azure, it was set to SQL Server 2008, and I had a custom formatting style it reset to the default style. The only thing it didn't change was my snippet preference.

Likewise for the SQL Editor target (and many others).
Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The setup saved a backup copy of your previous configuration file in %APPDATA%\Roaming\SQL Assistant\9.0 folder. The file should have today's date suffix in its name. Would you please email that file to support so that we can retrace your upgrade steps and check why it changed?
Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
sent
Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the file. This configuration file already has Azure and the rest saved in it before the upgrade. I was told that this kind of issue could have occurred when upgrading from the beta version. Is that possible that the actual change occurred earlier, I mean when you upgraded from the beta version, and not when you installed 9.0.176 build?
Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thank you very much for the file. This configuration file already has Azure and the rest saved in it before the upgrade. I was told that this kind of issue could have occurred when upgrading from the beta version. Is that possible that the actual change occurred earlier, I mean when you upgraded from the beta version, and not when you installed 9.0.176 build?

I'm pretty sure it was set to SQL server 2008. If you see my discussion on not allowing unavailable functions thread I discuss what my assistance properties were set to. Also it reset my snippet collection selection to the default as well. I KNOW that for sure was set right because I had that header disabled in my formatting rules that is enabled in the default rules. (The one that adds a comment to the top of your editor window when you format your code)
Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote

Left = Sqlassist.sas (from today) and Right = the one I emailed.

This little wedge is for the SQL Editor.

I am unsure what the SQLRef actually references, but the assist code was set to SQL Server, not Azure? Unless the SQLRef has something to do with that?
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Either way it's super weird, because I have zero reason to have any of that set as Azure. No Azure instances to play with.
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Then this is from my upgrade at 10-17 (right) to 10-27 (left)

So yeah. It looks like a previous upgrade boinked it?
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:36 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the details. Developers say that the changes or corruption occurred before the upgrade, because the file you provided was backed up by the setup before installing new version. It's just that apparently after the SQL Assistant restart after upgrade the issue became visible. What we don't know at this time and that 's is the critical piece, is how to reproduce it. If you or anyone else know how to reproduce that on demand, please describe the steps. We 're eager to develop a fix to resolve it, and we will treat it as a high priority issue.
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:39 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Interesting. That's something I've met a few times in the past but it never hit the threshold to get it reported. I'm frequently git-ting the .sas file, making it compulsorily right before and after applying updates, and fixed small scale issues like this one with a simple compare and merge. I don't recall seeing it during the beta and since, though.
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: