SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Hotkeys should open AND close windows?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Hotkeys should open AND close windows?
Mindflux

Post [SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Hotkeys should open AND close windows? Reply with quote
Hotkeys like ctrl-w should also close the database explorer as well as open it for the current tab.

Basically anything that opens a window you can pin inside the editor should be closeable with the same hotkey?
Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
+1 to this one, too.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
AFAIK, the Database Explorer, Code Structure, etc.. they are all part of the same "window" docked on the left sporting tabbed interface. There is an existing hotkey that closes that and all other docked windows, and it can be customized. However, there is a difference in behavior by target. For example, when SQL Assistant is used as an addon in SSMS (as a guest application), pressing Ctrl+Shift+R, which is the default hotkey, closes all windows that belong to SQL Assistant. In the SQL Assistant's SQL Editor there is no guest, it's fully integrated. That's why I guess the Database Explorer is not closed automatically by Ctrl+Shift+R, it's likely not considered to be a guest window. I hope my explanation provides more color to the window handling routine.

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
AFAIK, the Database Explorer, Code Structure, etc.. they are all part of the same "window" docked on the left sporting tabbed interface. There is an existing hotkey that closes that and all other docked windows, and it can be customized. However, there is a difference in behavior by target. For example, when SQL Assistant is used as an addon in SSMS (as a guest application), pressing Ctrl+Shift+R, which is the default hotkey, closes all windows that belong to SQL Assistant. In the SQL Assistant's SQL Editor there is no guest, it's fully integrated. That's why I guess the Database Explorer is not closed automatically by Ctrl+Shift+R, it's likely not considered to be a guest window. I hope my explanation provides more color to the window handling routine.

Is there any way to make the hotkeys toggle windows? I know you can mouse over and close it but those of us keyboard purists try to mouse as little as possible when in situations like these.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I can submit an enhancement request for supporting window toggling using the same hotkey.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I can submit an enhancement request for supporting window toggling using the same hotkey.

That would be nice!
Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: