SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Text Change Map

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Text Change Map
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.0.166 Pro] - Text Change Map Reply with quote
There's a nice feature called Text Change Map, which indicates the state of editor lines. It uses dark green for new lines, light yellow for modified ones, and dark blue for those that have their changes saved. I'm not sure how they look on other displays but on mines the green and the blue looks not very different from each other, and the yellow one tends to blend into the light gray of the editor. Are those colors user editable? If not, could you make them a bit more distinguishable?

Also, the text in the editor has a slight yellow tint for its background. Is it something that was always there and I just didn't notice, or is it something new? What does it mean?

EDIT: I guess it's not that easy to track when lines are dropped and then restored with undo, meaning that if eg. I delete two lines and then restore them with undo would mark those restored lines as new ones, but if the undo goes to an extent that the contents of the editor match the file open (the asterisk marking there are changes to the file is removed from the tab), you could reset that indicator to show no changes.
Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Would you mind attaching a small image demonstrating appearance of green and blue lines on your screen so I can compare them to what I see on my screen?
Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sure. Here it is:

On my screen that bar is two pixels wide. Maybe it's just my eyes. When staring at them means no difficulty but it takes extra effort to distinguish those two colors on a quick glance, even when they're next to each other. Perhaps if it were a bit wider, or the colors were lighter...
Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
On my screen the appearance is exactly the same. I have asked if the colors can be customized somewhere.
Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:40 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you.
Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:01 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The colors will be improved in the next build.
Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That's good news, thank you.
Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
The colors are much more distinguishable in this build, thank you.

Only two small glitches remain: help is not yet updated to these new colors, and saving the file does not refresh the map until the caret is moved.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: