SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.157 Pro BETA] - Snippets not triggering after .

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.157 Pro BETA] - Snippets not triggering after .
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.0.157 Pro BETA] - Snippets not triggering after . Reply with quote
Last character type triggers are not triggered when the snippet keyword is typed right after a period. I imagine that being intentional so that a column name that is the same as a snippet name wouldn't accidentally trigger the snippet instead. Am I correct?

Also, I've seen that SA does not create aliases that are keywords (it adds a number to the alias). I haven't tried yet but could you check if it applies to snippet names as well, please? For example if I have a snippet that triggers on keyword upd, a table name unusually_pitiful_denomination would cause SA to create alias upd that could never be inserted into the editor since it would trigger the snippet.

Last edited by gemisigo on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I haven't tried that yet I've seen that SA does not create aliases that are keywords (it adds a number to the alias). Could you check if it applies to snippet names as well, please? For example if I have a snippet that triggers on keyword upd, a table name [i]unusually_

I think I know the answer. I think snippets can have any user-defined name, they can be named after keywords, but they wouldn't work correctly using the keyword because their names conflict with intellisense for keywords. They can still be invoked using right-click menu and then navigating to Code Snippets menu
Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, I noticed that the post somehow became broken (too many Ctrl-z, I guess). I corrected it. The point is not forbidding keywords as snippet names but in not creating alias names that are also snippet names.
Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
The point is not forbidding keywords as snippet names but in not creating alias names that are also snippet names.

I see now. I don't think there is any correlation between snippet names and aliases, it's not that smart yet.
Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: