SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.157 BETA] Right Click->Show Info not working?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.157 BETA] Right Click->Show Info not working?
Mindflux

Post [SA 9.0.157 BETA] Right Click->Show Info not working? Reply with quote
Using Database Explorer and doing right click->show info doesn't seem to do anything.

Likewise the popup context when hovering over an object that lets you pick "Data/Code/Info" clicking "Info" there doesn't do anything either.

What's it supposed to show?

*Edit: I restarted the SQL Editor IDE and that works now. Odd.
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Potentially that could be caused by a long running background operation using the same connection or a database side lock. If it's reproducible, please let us know what you have done prior to that.
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:45 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Potentially that could be caused by a long running background operation using the same connection or a database side lock. If it's reproducible, please let us know what you have done prior to that.

Something was definitely hinky because I was also writing another query in a another tab and it wouldn't suggest anythere for my WHERE clause, it was showing all of the database objects and not just related to the tables in my select.
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
FYI, in version 9 we also improved the multithreading too. If you've noticed, you can now run many things in parallel, for example, run a query in one tab, run concurrently data transfer or data generation or export or source code repository updates, while continuing coding in another tab. While all that helps with increasing productivity on the client side allowing to do more in less time, it creates more racing conditions on the server side that potentially can cause more locks.
Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: