SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[9.0.152 BETA] Upgrade deletes all previous configuration

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[9.0.152 BETA] Upgrade deletes all previous configuration
jairo.martinez

Post [9.0.152 BETA] Upgrade deletes all previous configuration Reply with quote
Hi Team,

I upgrade from 9.0.151.

Consider the possibility to manage a migration of the previous installation config. I know that I need to Export the previous configuration and after do an Import, but sometimes when the software version have a major change, is not possible to merge all the previous configuration.

Sorry I am looking into %appdata% for SQL Assistant and I could find the previous configuration, I had only that merge the file, and there it is! my snippets are back.
Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi, it never deletes previous configurations. Each version stores them in a separate folder.

In version 9.0 beta we do not migrate previous settings on purpose to avoid introducing issues with settings compatibility. Your older config files can be found in %APP_DATA%\SQL Assistant\7 folder. you can use the Export/Import feature in the Options dialog to import your previous settings. But please be very selective, do not import everything. Select only your custom snippets, connections and other custom things, otherwise you may break or disable some new features in version 9.
Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: