SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Missing Schemas in SQL Server 2014

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Missing Schemas in SQL Server 2014
Stevemurdak

Post Missing Schemas in SQL Server 2014 Reply with quote
Hi,

I've installed the latest version 7.5.502 Professional Edition. When I open SQL Server Management Studio, I keep getting this error from SQL Assistant :

Error: Context: Connect
Data Source=[IP Address];Initial Catalog=master;User ID=[SQL user];Pooling=False;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Packet Size=4096;Application Name="Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - Query";Database="master"

If I skip the error and continue, I just see dbo schema in the database explorer. No other schema is visible. However, in the Object Explorer of Management Studio, I can see all schemas.

How can I fix this issue ?
Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:45 pm
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This sounds like a connection issue. Please try changing the connection protocol from named pipes to tcp. The easiest way is to enter server name in tcp:[ip address here] format, without brackets. Hope this helps.
Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Stevemurdak

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately changing the protocol didn't fix the issue. It may have something to do with security settings though. The only schema I can see in SA is dbo. Even the schema that I created shows up as my Login ID. So, if I created schema "abc" and I have a table like "table1" , in SA I see two schema under the database name: dbo and [MyLoginID].
I think SQL Assistant cannot login completely because when I open SSMS, SQL Assistant suggests to restore my last script, and if I accept I get the error message "Login failed for user [SQL user]".

Please let me know if you need more details.
Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:06 pm
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm concerned with the login error. It clearly says "Login failed for user [SQL user]." I think that is the root cause of the issue. Where "dbo" schema comes from that I don't yet understand.
Can you expand that schema and see schema objects?
Can you see databases in the database explorer?

Here is something else you can do to check if it's a security issue indeed.
Open SQL Assistant SQL Editor. connect to the same server and the same database using the same login.
What do you see there? Does it match what you see in SQL Server Management Studio?
Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Stevemurdak

Post Reply with quote
Can you expand that schema and see schema objects? Yes, all the objects under dbo and guest schemas are in the popup list (SSMS Add on list)
Can you see databases in the database explorer? Yes, all of them. However, if you expand a Database, again you only see dbo and guest schemas.

Here is something else you can do to check if it's a security issue indeed.
Open SQL Assistant SQL Editor. connect to the same server and the same database using the same login.
What do you see there? Does it match what you see in SQL Server Management Studio? No, I see all the Databases but again, only dbo schema and any object under dbo are visible. Any schema that I have created is renamed to my login ID !
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:50 am
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: