SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SSMS 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SSMS 2016
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi all.

Version 7.5.502 is now available. This versions incorporates new add-on for SSMS 2016 June and later releases. If your got a SQL Assistant v7 license with maintenance, and you would like to upgrade to the latest version, use Check for Updates menu in SQL Assistant system tray application to update your current installation.

Sincerely,
The support team.

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:18 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Hehehe, the downside of using (or trying to use) bleeding-edge technology. I guess, I'll just wait until it bleeds out.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Correction "not available" -> "now available"

One side of the issue unfortunately is that SSMS updates are now being pushed automatically much like Windows updates. So it leads to a reactive response approach instead of proactive.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:

One side of the issue unfortunately is that SSMS updates are now being pushed automatically much like Windows updates. So it leads to a reactive response approach instead of proactive.

Meaning that it will sort of "enforce" whatever compatibility issues might occur. Great :(
Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
sqltogo

Post Reply with quote
This morning I updated to the lastest version and now it works fine when using SSMS 2016.
At the end of the install you probably get a warning that settings have to be corrected, just choose for YES and it completes the udate just fine.
Support team, thank you very much for resolving this issue.
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:38 am View user's profile Send private message
RENaissance

Post Reply with quote
SSMS 2016 13.0.15600.2

Sql Assistant doesn't work. There isn't assistan's menu in SSMS.
Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like its a new SSMS version released by Microsoft 3 days ago. I just installed it on a test system and after starting it, I got an error referring to an extension error. In the activity log I found multiple errors in red, among them there was a line "Assembly timestamp in MEF Cache does not match loaded assembly timestamp SqlAssist.vs.14, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null; code-base: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SQL Assistant 7/Data/SqlAssist.vs.14.dll"

After I re-registered the SQL Assistant add-on, and restarted SSMS everything started working again.
Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 am View user's profile Send private message
RENaissance

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like its a new SSMS version released by Microsoft 3 days ago. I just installed it on a test system and after starting it, I got an error referring to an extension error. In the activity log I found multiple errors in red, among them there was a line "Assembly timestamp in MEF Cache does not match loaded assembly timestamp SqlAssist.vs.14, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null; code-base: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SQL Assistant 7/Data/SqlAssist.vs.14.dll"

After I re-registered the SQL Assistant add-on, and restarted SSMS everything started working again.

Thank you for reply! How did you re-register? I've tried by changing corresponding option in Assistant's options but nothing changes.
Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:34 am View user's profile Send private message
sqltogo

Post SSMS 2016 Reply with quote
After a succesfull update on my mostly used system I also updated SSMS to 2016 on another computer of mine.
This time SQL Assistant did not work, same error as I had on my other system with the previous version of SQL Assistant.
After requesting a new installeer and re-update my existing version of SQL Assistance it worked again.
Probably has something to do with registrations, anyway it now works on both of my computers, and that is fine.
Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:06 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Thank you for reply! How did you re-register?

Close SSMS if it's running.
Open Options dialog from SQL Assistant's system tray application.
Select MS Management Studio on the targets list.
Expand Advanced options
Change Register Add-on option to No and click the Apply button.
Change Register Add-on option to Yes and click the Apply button.

Restart SSMS. If the above doesn't help, repeat, but this time start SQL Assistant in run as Administrator mode.

Hope this helps.
Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:26 am View user's profile Send private message
ezhovea

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Hi all.
Version 7.5.502 is now available.

Dear SysOp,
I downloaded this version about one week ago, but i had no time to reply.
For me - everything works fine.
Now I can say - it is a good work, thanks a lot :)
Cheers, Evgeniy
Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: