SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 7.5.501 Pro] - Unable to fetch columns for table alias

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 7.5.501 Pro] - Unable to fetch columns for table alias
gemisigo

Post [SA 7.5.501 Pro] - Unable to fetch columns for table alias Reply with quote
SA seems to have some problems identifying aliases and/or retrieving columns for table aliases when the table is in other database (and the statement is sufficiently complex.

Here I tried to select driver_id from table soforok which was aliased with s. Typing the column name worked perfectly but when I tried starting with the alias (s) strange things happened. The alias was shown in the popup after pressing comma but I was unable to filter on it. Typing the alias (and . after it) made the popup vanish and when I removed . the came back popup went even weirder, this time the columns present but nothing shown where the aliases were previously. Pressing F5 in the popup restored them visually but not functionally.

Check the short video here.

UPDATE: I checked but it seems that the subquery aliased as aa had nothing to do with the glitch.
Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:30 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I asked our dev. team to look into that and they say that the issue is not with parsing but with interpretation of the cache context which seems to be damaged somehow. It might have been caused by a bug in data filtering and ordering within "name contains characters, order by best match" function. But so far they are unable to reproduce it. If this is a recurring issue that you would like fixed, please provide DDL script for your database schema.
Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I experienced it 2-3 times this year. Absolutely not critical but it would be nice to see it vanish. Shall I zip the DDL code (of the relevant parts) to support at etcetc?
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:18 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes please and email it to supportATsofttreetech.com
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We have reproduced the issue. It's caused by a combination of your schema design and ... "ISNULL(aa.driver_id, 0) AS s", which is aliased as "s", the same as the alias for a table below that line. The parser chokes on the duplicate alias and stops parsing the rest of the code.

We are going to implement an enhancement to allow it to continue in such scenarios.
Mon May 02, 2016 9:13 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, I should have figured that out on my own :(

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. This can be fixed easily by giving another alias to the table.
Mon May 02, 2016 10:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: