SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 7.2.338 Pro] - Tasks and Reminders

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 7.2.338 Pro] - Tasks and Reminders
gemisigo

Post [SA 7.2.338 Pro] - Tasks and Reminders Reply with quote
I'd recommend some changes in Task and Reminders. I'm not sure they're feasible at all but it would be nice to have them.

#1 When I click an item in Tasks and Reminder pane a new tab is opened with the file contents when the source of the task is a file. When the source is a database object the tab opened is named "Database.schema.object". That's good, but the retrieved code is a CREATE code instead of ALTER which should suit better this case. Also, the tab that is open uses the last connection instead of the connection that was used to retrieve the code.

#2 Clicking another todo item in the same object will open another tab with the same name instead of reusing the already existing tab. I know things could get complicated there because the contents of that tab might already be changed but that could be handled.

You know about the state of the tab related the contents are saved or not. You could follow the status of the code similarly. When you open the tab and fill it with the script, its status would be clean. Changing it would make it dirty until successfully executing the script in it would make it clean again. Therefore, if the user clicks another todo item, you could either reload the contents and go to that item, or refuse/warn the user about it being dirty.
Opening new tabs for every item seems somewhat improper.

#3 The filter filters the results for items. It could also filter for objects as well.

I guess these changes would make Tasks and Reminders a bit more useful.
Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
thank you very much for your suggestions. I will pass them to the team.
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:17 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Are there any updates on these getting evaluated or rejected?
Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:48 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
All of them are logged in the same enhancement ticket # SA0027024. Tentatively, it's scheduled for version 8 or one of 8.x maintenance releases.

PS. Version 7.5 is expected by the end of this month
Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Ohh, they might get into SA sooner or later? That's good news.

7.5? Jumping over 7.4?
Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For internal technical reasons 7.3 and 7.4 codes branches were merged into one release. The latest version on the about tab identifies itself as 7.4, in reality it's mostly 7.3 with some features and bug fixes from 7.4 We skipped the official announcement for 7.4 because it was a non event.
Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: