SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Existing jobs losing their login/password authentication

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Existing jobs losing their login/password authentication
mschleim

Post Existing jobs losing their login/password authentication Reply with quote
Hi, we have recently upgraded to version 5.2. Since the upgrade, we have had several instances of Existing jobs losing their login/password authentication information. This seemed to happen consistently when 2 jobs failed..... jobs that had been running for awhile. The jobs failed because the agent had been stopped, but after the agent was restarted they failed again... checking why I found that the login/password info was gone. As a matter of fact the check box for "Is user authentication required?" was no longer checked. In another instance it was a new job copied from another job. Checked it and it was ok, but the next day the checkbox was unchecked and the user info gone. I never had this happen on the old version, and now it has happened several times in a short timespan. IS this a BUG and can you correct it?

any info is appreciated.
thanks
Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

It's unlikely that job properties somehow changed without a reason. the job run time status should have no impact on that too. If you use 24x7 web console, please check the job log for any audit records indicating jobs being updated by users or modified programmatic-ally by processes. Please let us know what you find in the logs.
Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
Please review -- I can easily replicate this problem.
For instance, all the jobs I run require the "Run as" to be filled out. The "Is user authentication required?" box has to be checked and the info is filled in.
This can be set properly and working fine. However, if I 'edit' the job and hit FINISH, the checkbox becomes unchecked and the user/password info is erased. After editing the job, I then have to go BACK INTO the job, edit it again, and re-enter the login information and check the box. This is consistently happening.

I have found that sometimes I can avoid it happening by clicking ALL THE WAY thru an edit (click next next next etc) instead of just hitting the FINISH button on whatever screen I am changing (for instance scheduling or command line).

Please let me know if there is a way to keep this from happening. It is very aggravating when I do some edits and forget to go back and check the run as.

thanks
Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:02 am View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
As a note, I just tried something else. I opened a job to edit it, made NO change, and hit FINISH. The RUN AS info went away.

If I open the same job to edit, and hit cancel, the RUN AS info stays and is unaffected.

FYI
Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That behavior is by design for security reasons.

If you create a job to run program A or script B, and save it with your Run As credentials, you don't want other people to be able to modify the job, replace command line to run program X and keep your credentials. Nor, if you leave your computer unlocked, use your session to make changes. That's why you are required to reenter them every time.
Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
OK, The older version did not do that, so I was not sure that was working as designed. I would like it if you could toggle that feature on or off with an admin password..... and have the option of having login credentials with ONLY the ability to look at log files, and stop or start jobs but not edit.
thanks
Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I believe what you have described is implemented in the 24x7 web console. It supports 4 different user roles, the Operators role enables reading logs, monitoring jobs and queues, and limited job management, including start/stop, enable/disable. Privileged users can see and editor their own jobs only, don't have top re-enter Run As parameters, because they cannot see and modify non-owned jobs.
Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 am View user's profile Send private message
mschleim

Post Reply with quote
Great, thank you!
Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: