SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Install-Config-Problem with xp_audit.dll

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Install-Config-Problem with xp_audit.dll
tkn

Post Install-Config-Problem with xp_audit.dll Reply with quote
Just installed the Trial on a W2K8r2 System, cecked everything to install, installation runs w/o errors/messages
tried with odbc and ole driver
Connection works fine, I used the sa - Account

Set System Audit, click on Enable

It let me choose the databse to install on and then

then it fires up with:

Database processing error
SQLSATE=37000
Micropsoft..odbc...sql:
Die xp_dbaudit.dll-DLL oder eine DLL auf die sie verweist konnte nicht geladen werden Ursache126(Das angegeben Modul konnte nicht gefunden werden)
nearly similar to "the xp_dbaudit.dll-DLL or a DLL it is pointing to, could not be loaded Casue 126(the module could not be found)"

The I tried to ignore the System Audit and go direct to "Setup Auditing of data Changes" but there are only a few tables shown (spt_values, Spt_monitor etc.)

and now?

Thomas
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Micropsoft..odbc...sql:
Die xp_dbaudit.dll-DLL oder eine DLL auf die sie verweist konnte nicht geladen werden Ursache126(Das angegeben Modul konnte nicht gefunden werden)
nearly similar to "the xp_dbaudit.dll-DLL or a DLL it is pointing to, could not be loaded Casue 126(the module could not be found)"

Did you copy correct version of sp_dbaudit.dll to the correction location?

Quote:
The I tried to ignore the System Audit and go direct to "Setup Auditing of data Changes" but there are only a few tables shown (spt_values, Spt_monitor etc.)

In the top drop-down, change the database context to your application database, then open the Data Change Audit Configuration dialog

Hope this helps.
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
tkn

Post Reply with quote
OK - My Fault - i missed to copy the correct xp_dbaudit.dll to the sql-server.

Still open problem:

Within "Set System Audit Options"/"Filters" I includes the database (OSDB52T2) I want to audit. All other entries are empty, only "SQL Query Substring", contains a "%"
"More Filters" is complete empty
"Update Audit Settings" clicked.

Go to "Set Data Audit Options" and choose "dbo" -> only a few tables shown up (spt_values, Spt_monitor etc.)

select "Information schema" or "all non system tables" the list is empty

How can I select tables from OSDB52T2 ?

Thomas
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hello

System audit and data-change audit, they are unrelated, they are two separate methods each serving its own purpose.

To choose specific objects as filters for the system activities auditing, use the Objects filter.

To choose tables for the data change auditing, first in the toolbar use the drop-down list to select OSDB52T2 database. Only then open the data-change audit options. You will see tables from OSDB52T2 database listedi n the dialog. Continue as required.
Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 am View user's profile Send private message
anmol94

Post Reply with quote
Audit time range: 2011-07-21 15:33:58.86 to 2011-07-22 11:20:38.193 with timezone offset 0

I would like to know in what table of Central Repository this information is stored?

Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Certkiller pmp sample questions and high quality 200-101 ccna wireless and keiseruniversity We provide updated exam sheets with 100% pass guarantee along with Thomas Aquinas College

Last edited by anmol94 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:08 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't have enough information to answer your question. Please provide more details. Which report are you running?
Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: