SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Sql Editor tabs

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Sql Editor tabs
Alextp

Post Sql Editor tabs Reply with quote
Show to developer component, it can be used as OK control for tabs, blue tabs above editor area, when "MDI" is unchecked.
https://github.com/Alexey-T/ATTabs
Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Interesting. What does it exactly do?
Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Alextp

Post Reply with quote
It's all on Github. all inf. Also wiki available with information.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:45 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Alextp wrote:
It's all on Github. all inf. Also wiki available with information.

The info I found there was minuscule. Also, the wiki for it is rather a developer's guide how to make it work but not a word there what is this thing good for or how it could be used to reach whatever its goal is. Could you provide some examples why I would want to color the top of the tabs and what would it be based on (eg. modifed tabs red, saved tabs green)? I couldn't figure that out from a single screenshot.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Alextp

Post Reply with quote
This is for Delphi IDE. App programmer can make new tab control with it, drop out standard tab-control (which is very poor - no colors at top of tabs, no X buttons on tabs... no coloring of tabs etc), use this

Last edited by Alextp on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Alex lets wind down this thread. no one seems to be interested or see any advantages in that implementation. Thank you.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Alextp wrote:
This is for Delphi IDE. App programmer can make new tab control with it, drop out standard tab-control (which is very poor - no colors at top of tabs, no X buttons on tabs... no coloring of tabs etc) and use this ATTabs. as replace for standard tab-control.

I do agree the tabs should be "x" able without being the present tab but otherwise the rest MEH.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Alex lets wind down this thread. no one seems to be interested or see any advantages in that implementation. Thank you.

On the contrary. I could find this pretty useful. I imagine tabs that do not modify database (having only SELECTs, for example) colored green, those modifying data (UPDATEs, INSERTs, DELETEs) being yellow and those containing DDL being red. But I'm not sure if this could be of any use to you. I doubt SA is written in Delphi. Or is it?
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
FYI, X aren't shown by design. When you have many tabs open, navigation becomes an issue, and so the screen real estate.

IMHO, I don't see any value in what Alex is promoting, but again, that's my opinion.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For modify, not modify, etc... Please consider a tab loaded with a bunch of text, including things like EXEC myproc. Do we know if that is a read only or update?

We do have a queued enhancement to use different colors for different servers (e.g. Production vs. Development, etc...) but that would be done in the status bar.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
For modify, not modify, etc... Please consider a tab loaded with a bunch of text, including things like EXEC myproc. Do we know if that is a read only or update?

Well, it most probably does. But there can be exceptions, of course. Like in this case, having a single EXEC. When it is certain, you could use the coloring I described. Or sort of. When it's indefinite... well, you could define another color for that to indicate that it's unknown.

SysOp wrote:
We do have a queued enhancement to use different colors for different servers (e.g. Production vs. Development, etc...) but that would be done in the status bar.

Er... queued? I'm already using that...
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
FYI, X aren't shown by design. When you have many tabs open, navigation becomes an issue, and so the screen real estate.

True.

Mindflux, tabs can be closed without becoming the active one using their context menu > Close Page.

Quote:
IMHO, I don't see any value in what Alex is promoting, but again, that's my opinion.

I do see some potential in it. It could denote how safe (or dangerous) it would be to execute the contents of the tab. Though he surely should not had tried to promote that in the support forum. That's something I would have done privately, sending an email to the support. This way... it's a bit offensive.
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:

my bad, I didn't know it has been already implemented :-)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Quote:

my bad, I didn't know it has been already implemented :-)

Reversed quotes? Now that one is a conspicuous typo, indeed :P
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Alextp

Post Reply with quote
No I don't 'promote" it, I'm not man which needs it in SA. Only posted an Url (ye, I posted private too. no reply.)
Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: