SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[7.0.136 beta] FR - Recent Dialog multi-select

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[7.0.136 beta] FR - Recent Dialog multi-select
gemisigo

Post [7.0.136 beta] FR - Recent Dialog multi-select Reply with quote
Currently, the documents and their revisions can be deleted one by one in Recent Documents. I mean, there's a menu item to delete all the revisions that belong to a certain document but you cannot delete multiple documents at once, you have to remove them one after another. It would be nice to be able to select more than one using Shift/Ctrl clicks and remove them in one step, so that you don't have to confirm for each removal.

Hotkey [Delete] for removal would be welcome as well.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
+1

Plus there are some oddities, when you delete a document it still shows up as a red X, rather than just disappearing from the list.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:
Plus there are some oddities, when you delete a document it still shows up as a red X, rather than just disappearing from the list.

Yes, that's something I experienced now and then but couldn't 'reliably' reproduce. I guess it has to do something with (probably not properly) handling the xml structure storing recent document data.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please have a look at %APPDATA%\SQL Assistant\History folder. There you can delete revisions in bulk, by date or by name, or even filter the list by some search criteria.
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting. I have a large number of files in that directory (over 400) that do not show anywhere in Recent Documents. Shouldn't they be removed when I delete documents/revisions? And what's going to happen to Recent Documents if I delete files therein? Won't they get out of sync?
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For every revision there is a separate file. What you see in the Recent Documents dialog by default is shown in collapsed format, 1 item per file, but if you expand files on the left side, you will see their revisions. Click the revisions and the right side window will show their relative changes as compared to the previous revision or to the head revision.

If my memory isn't faulting me revisions are automatically purged after 1 year

Last edited by SysOp on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:27 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I see. Thanks for the info.
Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: