SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Error Configuring and Sending Emails

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Error Configuring and Sending Emails
adboy

Post Error Configuring and Sending Emails Reply with quote
Hello All,

I am getting the following error when trying to use MailSend command to a local smtp server.

"An error occurred while executing automation script Line 4: The mail server doesn't like the sender name, have you set your mail address correctly?"

I have tried the same credentials using Outlook Express and my own java test class and it works.

The command is

MailSend( "downloads@abc.com", "mypassword123", "user@yahoo.com", "Test Email to from 24x7", "Test Email from OPS01 24x7 scheduler")
I do have the SMTP Server and SMTP Sender address set correctly in the Options popup window.

I have the above commands working in another installation of 24x7 but the difference is that that account does not have a password.
Is there something that I need to do in order to send out emails using an account that requires both username and password for authentication ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adi
Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Can you please try the same from a JavaScript job?

mail.Send( "downloads@abc.com", "mypassword123", "user@yahoo.com", "Test Email to from 24x7", "Test Email from OPS01 24x7 scheduler") ;

What error message if any do you get in a JavaScript job?
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:40 am View user's profile Send private message
adboy

Post Reply with quote
Thank you SysOp for your reply.

I tried Mail.Send in a Java Script job but keep getting this error

ERROR: An error occurred while executing automation script: TypeError: Send is not a function.
Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Apologies, that should have been b]Mail.send[/b] not mail.Send - JavaSCript is case sensitive
Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
adboy

Post Reply with quote
I changed to use Mail.send but still no luck. The error is
"Job completed with exit code 1. This exit code does not satisfy job exit code condition. Job failed."

We have got the problem fixed on our end by changing the local SMTP configuration to accept mails without the password. This change works with both the old version of 24x7 and the newer version. It looks like there is a problem with 24x7 in dealing with authentication.

Thanks for the help.
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: