SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
5.1.403, Win2k8R2, and Powershell

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
5.1.403, Win2k8R2, and Powershell
ocadmin

Post 5.1.403, Win2k8R2, and Powershell Reply with quote
Hello. I am currently testing version 5.1.403 on Windows Server 2008 R2, in order to migrate our existing deployment to a modern platform (we are currently on 3.6.12 running on Win2k3R2). A great majority of our jobs involve the execution of a Powershell script. In my test environment, I have created a simple .ps1 that appends a date/time stamped "Hello World" to a text file.

When I invoke this test job on the test platform, powershell.exe does not terminate. I have tried numerous methods (including an explicit "exit" in the script, calling the .ps1 from a .bat, calling the .ps1 from a JAL script). I've tried turning off UAC. I even tried setting a timeout on the job, but I'm concerned that a job may terminate prematurely if the script is waiting for something, and I also don't want have to modify all my existing jobs to include a timeout when I migrate my existing jobs database if I don't have to.

powershell.exe terminates just fine on the current production Win2k3 box.

The script does not appear on screen during execution. This is another concern for us, as we would prefer scripts to run in the foreground for troubleshooting purposes (we are not planning on running 24x7 as a service).

I've checked the manual and help files, and searched through the forum. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, and apologies if I've missed something already covered. Thanks in advance for the help.

Freddie Mac
SysAdmin
Orangefield-Columbus
Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: