SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA - 6.5.258] - Common Default Hotkeys Bug

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA - 6.5.258] - Common Default Hotkeys Bug
gemisigo

Post [SA - 6.5.258] - Common Default Hotkeys Bug Reply with quote
There are two hotkeys (Comment Code with /**/ Uncomment Code) in Options > Targets > Common > Default Hot Keys that cannot be set properly. No matter what hotkey I try to enter there it's always set to Modifier + (Num0..Num9) (see attached screenshot).

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It looks like your custom hot key settings didn't merge correctly with the changes in the new configuration file. Please try reloading hot keys from the default configuration file. Hope that helps.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:15 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'll try. How do I reload the hotkeys from the defaults? The Targets tab is not broken down to that level.

EDIT: I reloaded the defaults for all settings and restarted SA. It did not help, the common hotkeys are still buggy.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please close all editors, open SQL Assistant's Options dialog, then use Import/Export button. the factory-default settings file should be preselected for you. Uncheck all options, but leave Common settings checked to recover only that part.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:06 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Yes, I did that, I even checked Load Default Option and restored the factory-default settings for everything. Still, the common hotkeys for Comment and Uncomment cannot be set.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Could you please email your currently used SQLAssist.sas file to our support email. We will need to debug this issue.

As a temporary workaround, please close SQL Assistant, locate currently used SQLAssist.sas file and edit it in Notepad. Locate section [options] and replace all lines in that section beginning with "hot" prefix with the following text

hotAssist=220
hotRefer=270
hotStruct=27B
hotBird=17B
hotExplorer=257
hotDDL=00
hotTable=01
hotExport=345
hotExec=378
hotExecOn=678
hotSynCheck=278
hotSpell=376
hotFormat=27A
hotDiff=343
hotBrackets=342
hotComment=2BD
hotComment2=2BF
hotUncomment=2DC
hotBmAdd=412
hotBmJump=211
hotShowDep=344
hotSelStmt=648
hotExeSelStmt=474
hotSearchWeb=7B
hotExecHist=47B
hotSearchCode=00
hotCloseAll=352
hotTarget=374

Save changes and restart SQL Assistant.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:00 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Um, the screenshot I attached might have been a little confusing and though I tried to clarify in my description, it seems that I failed :)

My settings are good, the "hot" prefixed options are more or less the same (not counting the three I changed) as you described here. The issue appears when I try to modify the common hotkeys for "Comment Code with /**/" and "Uncomment Code". After pressing Ctrl for others SA waits for another key (that's what you can see for the other hotkeys, showing "Ctrl+" and after pressing an arbitrary key, let's say, "w", it shows "Ctrl+w". But in case I try to change that two, immediately after pressing Ctrl I got "Ctrl+(Num0..Num9)" and no matter what key I tried, it remained there. I don't know if it's only a glitch in displaying the value or not but I didn't dare to try because I couldn't restore it to the original value (except restoring the default settings for other options as well, which I didn't want to do).
Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:14 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Now I get it. That's a totally different issue.

Yet the same workaround can be used, I mean direct edit of the config file in Notepad. Which keys do you want to use for commenting?
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Ctrl+- for Comment Code with --
and
Ctrl+Shift+- for Comment Code with /**/
and
Ctrl+\ for Uncomment Code
Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Here is what you can use

hotComment=2BD
hotComment2=3BD
hotUncomment=2DC

Hope it's clear where to enter it.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Just in case
Alt => 1024
Ctrl => 512
Shift => 256
regular characters use their ASCII codes (from 1 to 255)

To find out ASCII code of x, one can use
SELECT ASCII('x')

sum it all up and convert to hex, for example, the Ctrl+Sjhift+r will produce 372, that's what you see in hotCloseAll=352
SELECT CAST( 512 + 256 + ASCII('r') AS VARBINARY(2))
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I just found out that if you change any target specific hot key in Options -> Targets -> [some target ] -> hot keys, you can return to the Common section and suddenly it starts working just fine, you can customize any hot key there too.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the details. Regarding the workaround I found out that it does not work after changing target specific hotkeys but the hotkey I pressed in Common section is recognized and stored after all. Changing between Registered Targets and Common section only resets the values in the grid hence I think it's just a display glitch.
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: