SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Unable to Access; Process Error 740 and more

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Unable to Access; Process Error 740 and more
Dominik

Post Unable to Access; Process Error 740 and more Reply with quote
Dear SoftTree Team,

I've got the same problem like this user: Same Problem

We have a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Our Admin will not gib me the Administratoruser/password but created a user in the group of LocalAdmins and DomaenAdmin.
The Rights of both userobjects are the same. The only difference is the Namestring itself.
We disabled the UAC (for testing)

Everything works fine, when our Admin loged in. But I got all the Errors of the user above, when my User is logging in.

Errors are:
- cant start the scheduler (master.bat) "as Admin" (elevetor) --> error: unable to access jarFile jscheduler.jar
- cant debug VAL --> same error like user above
- cant validate VAL --> same error like user above
- cant execute any 24x7 embedded script --> cannot run jal.exe; create process error=740

Thats working:
- everything works fine, while logged as Administratoruser
- Javascript is working wtih my user as long as i dont use special Schedulerfunktions (like runJob)

I couldnt find a final result of this Same Problem problem.
Your last comment was to use "as Admin" and than the user didnt react anymore.

So ... i did use "as Admin" to run the Scheduler but got the error: unable to access jarFile jscheduler.jar
Any Ideas?

Best regards,
Dominik

[/url]
Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

You need to give your user Full explicit permissions for the folder in which you installed 24x7 software.
Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dominik

Post Reply with quote
Our Admin told me, that I've got everything. And when I look through the Rights, i can see the Full explicit permissions on the Folder/Subflolder/Files. I even can start the programs direct in the folder (for instance the jal.exe). But working with the Scheduler still shows the descibed errors.

What I also dont understand:
- when starting the scheduler (master.bat) normal - its starting (but then i get all the errors while working with it)
- when starting the scheduler (master.bat) "as Admin" (elevetor) - the schedules doesnt open and i've the error: unable to access jarFile jscheduler.jar

Is there a possiblility to see logdetails to find a solution?

Thank you
whith best regards
Dominik
Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hello,

You won't be able to find details in scheduler logs because the issue is outside of the scheduler. It is related to Windows security system and user account control. Your user account and user account in 'Run as Administrator' mode see different things and windows applies different permissions to them. Still it looks like the effective permissions are still not enough, that's why you get 'Access denied' 'cannot write to file, and related errors. You should continue working with your administrator to get these things resolved.

One thing that comes to mind, Windows cashes permission. There is a difference between effective permissions and given permissions. If the permissions are given to a group or a domain user, rather then local user level, it's not enough to just logoff and logon to refresh them. If there are any running applications or opened sessions for the same user context, you would need to restart them all in order for the new permissions to take effect.
Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: