SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
DatabaseConnect Deprecated?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
DatabaseConnect Deprecated?
Loril

Post DatabaseConnect Deprecated? Reply with quote
I am trying to use the JAL statement DatabaseConnect and the scheduler log file is telling me that it has been deprecated and DatabaseConnectEx should be used instead. I am currently testing 5.1.402 for upgrade purpose from v3 windows versions. I've already migrated the database profiles over using the registry export statement and changing the 3.0 reference to 5.0. I've tested the script via debug and it fails at the DatabaseConnect statement. Not sure if it matters but I am using windows 2008 r2 64 bit edition. Thanks.
Fri May 31, 2013 2:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If you migrated from 32-bit to 64-bit system please ensure your profiles have been loaded into the hive of the registry windows uses for 32-bit applications. For details please run a web search for Wow6432Node.
Fri May 31, 2013 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Loril

Post Reply with quote
We were always on a 64 bit system, even on the v3 windows scheduler, and the profiles have been setup in the registry under the WOW6432 node for the MP edition.
Fri May 31, 2013 2:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Loril

Post Reply with quote
Here's the error received when using DatabaseConnectEx

Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Loril

Post Reply with quote
Similarly, here's the error received when using DatabaseConnect

Fri May 31, 2013 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The error indicates that 32-bit SQL Server DBLIB drivers aren't available on this system. Consider using ODBC interface or OLE/ADO drivers.
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Loril

Post Reply with quote
I tried ODBC too and received this error:

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You need to refer to 32-bit DSN profile, and looks like you are referring to 64-bit profile.. Please google for this error for more details and for instructions on setting up 32-bit ODBC profiles on 64-bit systems.
Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Loril

Post Reply with quote
I did create a 32 bit ODBC profile by running ODBCAD32.exe as this is similar to our v3 windows scheduler setup on our production 64 bit server. What I just found though was that I had two of the same profiles setup in both 32 bit and 64 bit ODBC. I deleted the one in 64 bit and reran the debugger. Now, the scheduler says it cannot find the ODBC profile. Somehow, the scheduler is looking for the 64bit one. Is there something I need to do to tell the scheduler to look for the 32 bit ODBC? Thanks.
Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It cannot be looking for 64-bit profile. JAL engine is a 32-bit application. It tells Windows which profile it wants to load (by name, that's the only parameter), it doesn't tell which version. It's Windows that decides whether to load 32-bit or 64-bit version.

Can you try creating a new 32-bit profile with unique name to eliminate any ambiguities with the name and version? It would be easier to troubleshoot the issue.
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: