SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Training/courses on how to use 24x7 automation suite

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Training/courses on how to use 24x7 automation suite
midi78

Post Training/courses on how to use 24x7 automation suite Reply with quote
Hi guys

Do you run any courses on how to use your software? We do have a license and use it but we have a number of problems customising it for our business.

We are based in New Zealand.

Kind regards

Giles
Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We offer consulting services. This includes remote assistance and training.

Would you mind describing your problems here? Perhaps we can help here too and it won't cost you anything.
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
midi78

Post Reply with quote
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. We would be interested in remote training - do you have prices and details as to what this would include.

As for my problem, I am trying to set up a 24 x 7 job which contains 4 steps. The first step is an enablejob step which then needs to start step 2, but I am unable to figure out the correct JAL to start step 2.

The JAL I have tried so far is

Option 1
enablejob ("jobname:10")

jobrun (newjobname)

Option2
//Create variables
Dim( newjobname, string)
dim( jobname, string, "@V"job_name"")
dim( process, string)
dim( stepnumber, number)

gettoken (":", jobname, process)
gettoken (":", jobname, stepnumber)

Start_Log(process, stepnumber)

Enablejob("jobname:10")

dim (newstep, number)
dim (newjobname, string)

add (stepnumber, 10, newstep)

// run the next job
concatex (process, ":", newstep, newjobname)

jobrun (newjobname)

Consequently I have succeeded in getting step 2 to run by selecting Run another job in the notification events/actions step when the first step has finished. I am not convinced this is the correct method as we normally run the next step from the JAL.

Would appreciate any help with this issue.
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please contact salesATsofttreetech.com with your training requirements to obtain specific pricing.

Going back to your situation.
Let me state that the use of "enablejob" as part of job processing logic is a big red flag indicating that there is something wrong with the job design. Please use job management functions only for what they are designed for, namely for dynamically creating, importing and converting jobs from other systems.

I also suggest, to create 4 separate jobs in one folder, a separate job for each step. Schedule the first step/job as needed, schedule other steps/jobs with [no schedule] schedule type.. Use either job hard linking via notification action "run another job" on "job finish" to run it after successful execution or "on error" to run after failed execution. Or use the Job Dependencies Editor to do job chaining.

This is it really. No need to manipulate job enable/disable states from any scripts.
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
midi78

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for getting back to me again.

We'll have a look into the approach mentioned and get back to you with any questions to make sure we are on the right track.

Our teams could certainly use a little training with this so no doubt someone will be in touch with you regarding our training needs.

Cheers, Giles
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: