SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Powershell Script hangs when using RA_Server

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Powershell Script hangs when using RA_Server
mikeo

Post Powershell Script hangs when using RA_Server Reply with quote
Hi

We are running 24x7 automation suite on one server and RA Srver on the remote one. I have setup a job using RARunAndWait to start a Powershell script on the remote RA_server.

Everytime I try to run it hangs.

I can run the Powershell from a command line OK.

I see another topic with a similar problem: http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21966&highlight=powershell+hangs - but I can't see how to do the step 4 in the wizard they suggest. " I enabled job security (step 4 in the Job Wizard) and it did the trick. ".

Any hlp appreciated.

Thanks
Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is got to be some confusion. RA Server cannot be used with a wizard, this is a programmatic remote automation server for use with remote Linux and Unix systems. It can be used via JAL scripts. It can also be used with Windows system, but that doesn't make much sense. For Windows environments, if you are still running the old 24x7 Automation Suite, you should install it on the remote system , start it in the Remote Agent mode (not to be confused with RA Server, which is not the same thing), then using scheduler's graphical interface configure new Remote Agent profile for that remote host and select it in the job properties (e.g. in the Wizard dialog). the job iself can be as simple as a command line job starting your Powershell script or anything else. The Remote Agent property will tell the scheduler which remote system you want the job to run on.

Hope this helps.
Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: