SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Application window on Remote Agent

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Application window on Remote Agent
tedolson

Post Application window on Remote Agent Reply with quote
I am upgrading from the Windows Version to the Multi-Platform version. During the conversion of the jobs database I received a warning that the Windows Size Property was no longer available. In the Windows version of the Master Scheduler I was able to pick a window size as Hidden, Minimuzed, Maximized, or Normal Window. I was then able to watch the job run on the Remote Agent, and then when it was running correctly I could change it to a hidden window. In the Multi-Platform version there is not an option for doing this. The Very first job I was trying to run reported "Success" to the log, but it did not actually run on the remote agent. Are all of the windows now hidden on the remote agent?
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
No, they are not hidden. If you don't see them, that's because the jobs have been run as batch login jobs and Windows doesn't bother to render graphical interface completely in that mode because no user interaction is expected. You can see them in the status bar, but no actual window is painted. Try for example running Notepad in that mode.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
tedolson

Post next question Reply with quote
OK, I am over that hurdle, on to the next: When running a Remote Agent job all of the drive mappings on the local machine that is hosting the remote agent are not available. I have edited my test batch and added all of the mapping commands, and it now works. I have dozens of batch files, many of with require different drive mappings for different servers. I have login scripts that provides that mappings for standard login, but those are ignored when using the RUNAS login. What is the best way to create the drive mapping so that it is indepentant of the batch file that I am running on the Remote Agent?
Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Are you using multiple user accounts to run batch jobs or a single account?
Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
tedolson

Post Reply with quote
I have multiple user accounts all requiring unique drive mapping to run the same batch files.
Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
tedolson

Post Reply with quote
I could consolidate some of my processes by having unique drive mappings on the same remote agent user account. So drive mapping for both scenarios would be very helpful.
Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think the best option in your case is to create a set of separate drive mapping batch files for different users (it would be easier to maintain jobs if mapping is handled separately) .

Create a generic batch file that accepts 2 parameters, like the following

MAP_AND_RUN.BAT
Code:
@echo off
call %1
call %2

and then update all batch job properties to call
Code:
C:\PATH-TO-FILE\MAP_AND_RUN.BAT map_file_path_name_here.bat  run_file_path_name_here.bat

This way you can plug different mapping files directly in job properties without touching the current batch files. Even more you can have different mapping for different users running the same batch file, just by feeding it a different mapping file.

Hope this makes sense.
Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: