SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Remote Scheduler is not avaible

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Remote Scheduler is not avaible
Dominik

Post Remote Scheduler is not avaible Reply with quote
Hi SoftTree Team,

i've two 24x7 Scheduler Multiplatform.
i've defined them each other as Agents on each other: Agent1 on Scheduler2 and Agent2 on Scheduler1

i've checked "Test Connect" and the Connection succeded .. after i had to fill out a remote 24x7 server Logon window (with domainuser: domainname\username)

the Connection faild without a correct Logon
When i look at the Scheduler Scripting Commands (f.i. JobRemoteRun ...) i can't see any logon parameter options. Normal?
Now i've defined a Job on Scheduler1:
Pingport (IPAdressScheduler2, 1097, retval)
Pingport (IPAdressScheduler2, 1096, retval)
AgentTest( "Agent2", retval )
JobRemoteRun( 10, "Agent2" )

retval of both Pingport is "true"
retval of AgentTest is "false"
JobRemoteRun got an error: File not found

What is my mistake?
What did i wrong?

Thanks a lot!
Dominik
Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:37 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please active the "server" mode to make each scheduler listen for incoming connections. Tools menu -> Options menu -> Network tab on the Options dialog -> ... Server mode
Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Dominik

Post Reply with quote
Yes, i had it already before in server mode:

Server1 same as Server2:

Server Mode enebled: yes
Service Port: 1096
Remote Control enabled: yes
Service Port: 1097

In Agent profile i have entered the Port: 1096 (because this Port connected successful and 1097 didnt)
Wrong?

Thanks a lot.
Dominik
Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The "server" port is used for cross-instance connections such as scheduler to agent or agent to agent, or agent to scheduler. The "remote control" port is used for the API, for 24x7 web-based management console, and for custom consoles and clients. So normally you would want to specify port 1096 on both ends in the agent profile properties and in the scheduler settings for the "server."

After having a second look at your original message I think I better understand now what you are doing. You haven't mentioned that you are trying to script a JAL job and within that job you are likely using JobRemoteRun statement which is deprecated in the Mufti-platform version. If you want to make a JAL job to run another job remotely, use one of the following methods:
1. Static linking: Set the invoked job host to the host you want to run it on. In the invoker JAL job, use simple JobRun statement to run the other job.
2. Dynamic linking: In the invoker JAL job, use JobModify statement to dynamically change AGENT_NAME property of the other job, then use JobRun to invoke that job.
3. Don't use JAL. Use JavaScript job, and in that job use int Scheduler.runRemoteJob(int jobID, String agent) function to run a job remotely.

Does this help?
Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dominik

Post Reply with quote
Sorry, it still doesnt work.

Maybe lets start one step before. I create a Agent "agentx" and the Connect Information. Then I click "Test Connect". There i'm asked for a user. I have to insert the user and the passwort (otherwise i get a failed message). Its a successful connection.

Now back to your JavaScript function. I've insert:

var a = Scheduler.RunRemoteJob(13, "agentx");

13 is a job id on agentx.
Run -> I get the error "Job completed with exit code 1. .. Job failed."

Why? And why does i have to insert a user/passwort in "Test Connect" but no one in this function?

Thank you,
Dominik
Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hello,

The legacy JAL function JobRemoteRun( 10, "Agent2" ) will not work with Multi-platform agents. Please convert this script to JavaScript in 24x7 and code var runId = Scheduler.runRemoteJob(10, "Agent2");
Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dominik

Post Reply with quote
Please read my last post. I allready use the Java Script function.
Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:39 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
JavaScript is case sensitive. Are you using "Scheduler.RunRemoteJob" or "Schedule.runRemoteJob" code?
Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: