SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
6.2 preview

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
6.2 preview
gemisigo

Post 6.2 preview Reply with quote
I'm using 6.1.56 preview for 6.2. Is there a newer version of it? Or a deadline for 6.2?
Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is a preview of 6.2.75, I can ask for it.
Full 6.2 public release is tentatively expected in a couple of weeks.
Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'd like to ask for a link to it then. 6.1.56 has a couple of issues that are getting quite obstructive.
Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Would you please name the issues so I can run a check for their presence in 6.2?
Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sure. Here they are:

1. I've set my snippets to trigger with last character and this feature does not work now. Sometimes it still fires but very rarely and only in certain situations. For example, I created a snippet named "_test". When I type "_tes" it gets narrowed down to this single one item in the popup (brilliant, I like that feature very much) but typing the last letter does not trigger it. However, pressing enter or pressing Esc and then typing the closing "t" does. Setting Default Key Char to Enter and then back to Last Char did not help, so I had to switch back to using Enter as the trigger key (even though it is still set to Last Char).

2. Only the last two letters of the snippet keyword is removed, the rest is left there. That is, pressing Enter after "_t" replaces it with the snippet contents but pressing it after "_test" leaves "_te" and appends the snippet contents to it. Since I have quite a few with two front letters matching I either have to use arrows to select the one I want or go back to the start and remove the remnants of the keyword. This is rather annoying.

3. Shared connections do not work. I always get the Connect to Database. Though I'm not sure this started after installing 6.1.56 or later, I was unable to fix it so far.
Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. We are checking issues #1 and #2.

For #3 it's surely working for me. Let's try to fix that together. Please let me know, which specific target editor and version you are using and type of connection selected in the editor, ODBC, ADO, something else?
Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
#3 had apparently something to do with my settings. I resolved it but it wasn't easy. I tried Import->Load Default Options but that did not help. Then I uninstalled and removed all the files and did a reg cleaning. After the reinstall it was working again but it revealed another issue. Before uninstalling I exported my settings (only Formatting and Snippets for SQL Server). After the reinstall I tried to import the setting and though I got no error message, the setting weren't imported either. I had to restore the .sas file, export all of it, reload defaults and import my settings by deselecting others. Could you check that as well, please?

Last edited by gemisigo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are looking into all reported issue. I was told that both #1 and #3 are not new things they appear to be broken for a while. Our developers are working on a fix, please hold on a for a little while.
#3 (partial export/import) doesn't seem to be a new issue too. I'm waiting for reply confirming the expected behavior in this case.
Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

We sent you a link for build 6.2.77. Would you please give it a try and check if the issues have been resolved?

Thanks.
Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
#1 fixed.
#2 fixed.
#3 fixed.

I'll continue testing it for further issues (if there are any).

1. The issue mentioned in topic "Wrong key column displayed (case #4)" is still present.
Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:14 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post 6.2 $OBJECT(...)$ macro restriction Reply with quote
2. Using $OBJECT(table, view)$ in a snippet does not allow to select a table or view from another database. It applies to procedures, functions, table functions and built-in functions as well. It was possible to do so in v 6.1.x.
Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much. I will submit new regression case.
Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post 6.2 $OBJECT(login)$ duplicate entries Reply with quote
The following snippet has all the logins in the popup duplicated:

Code:

EXECUTE AS LOGIN = '$OBJECT(login)$'

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: