SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Email on DB error

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Email on DB error
rlevine

Post Email on DB error Reply with quote
I have create a stored proceudre which I am calling with a DB script using a user that does not have rights to execute the sproc. I have set the job to email me on start, on finish and on error. The job runs and as expected errros out with user doesn't have rights. However, I only get an email that specifies the start and finish. There is nothing to indicate that there was an error!
Is there a step that I am missing in the set up?
Is there a way for me to configure the message I get in the email?
Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If you received "finish" message, that means the job succeeded from the scheduler's point of view. Did the database return error message? Can you see that error message in the job log?
Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
rlevine

Post Reply with quote
Yes it displays and error in the log that says "The following job error has been ignored: Database error occured. Cannot find the object "my_tes" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.", which is what I am expecting. Hence the post.
Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please check how the job is setup. If it is setup to run detached, verify the job exit code condition is set to 0. Also check the "error" event is selected in notification actions. Also check valid email is specified for error action and lastly check the job is not set to "ignore errors"
Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
rlevine

Post Reply with quote
Ok, the issue here was that Ignore errors was checked.
I am now getting the email. However there are no details of what the error is that occured, in the body of the email.
Is this possible to get via the notifications? Is there an email template which I can customize?
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You are getting generic error message for a failed job. If you want custom message with custom subject, text, file attachments, you would need to script it using script type notification action and available MailSend or mail.Send commands depending on the script type.
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: