SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
queue, jobs which dont quit, workaraound

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
queue, jobs which dont quit, workaraound
Dominik

Post queue, jobs which dont quit, workaraound Reply with quote
Hi,

i have some jobs checking the status of some files. These jobs are polling every 5 minutes.
They are each executing a different batch, wich needs no more then 5sek and they are in the same queue (max jobs in queue is set to 30).

JOB A
JOB B
JOB C

I dont know why but sometimes, this jobs dont "quit" although the batch is executed successfully (it opens, shows the echo output, it closes). The result is a full queue after 50 minutes.

JOB A
JOB B
JOB C
JOB A
JOB B
JOB C
JOB A
.... etc.

My two questions:

1) what can i do to debug this problem? How can i see, whats going wrong?
2) for the case, that i will find no solution. How can i built up a workaround? Is it possible to "kill" the first task in a queue for the case that the queue is full or reached a defined count of jobs (30)?

Thanks a lot
Dominik
Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:44 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOpJ

Post Reply with quote
The first thing to do would be to turn on the debug trace (Tools->Options, Log, Trace enabled,) then check the scheduler.log and debug.log for meaningful messages. I'll suggest looking for anything that appears to be a resource that's not being released.

Let's work the problem first before talking about a workaround, because this behavior should not be happening.

Can you post or send to support a copy of your job?
Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:24 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: