SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Upgrade to 5.2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Upgrade to 5.2
seth.rothman

Post Upgrade to 5.2 Reply with quote
I'm trying to upgrade to v5.2 after receiving the email notification it was available and I'm receiving a message that the upgrade cannot be installed because "The support & maintenance option is not included with your license". I definitely have a license for v5.1. Any help would be appreciated.
Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOpJ

Post Reply with quote
When you purchased your license, you did not purchase the maintenance and support contract. You will need to purchase an upgrade to move from 5.1 to 5.2. The cost of upgrade is the same as from 4.x releases, 50% of the license cost, details are here
https://softtreetech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=UPG (see "from 4.x" items, they can be used fro 5.0 and 5.1 too.) You can add maintenance to the upgrade if you want to stay current and get free future upgrades.
Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:07 am View user's profile Send private message
seth.rothman

Post Reply with quote
I've been using SQL Assistant for 3+ yrs and didn't realize I didn't have the maintenance option, nor what I would be missing w/o it. Is it possible to purchase the maintenance w/o paying for a full upgrade?
Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sorry, I'm afraid that is not possible. The maintenance option is both an assurance and agreement that SoftTree will invest time and resources in providing the support and upgrades for your licenses. Until recently, the licensing mechanism wasn't strictly enforced, and relied on people's understanding that maintenance upgrades and bug fixes do require the maintenance option in place. Please note that the maintenance option covers major version upgrades too. Our major upgrade cycle is shorter than 1 year, and there are several minor upgrades released between major releases. It definitely makes a lot of sense to get that option ASAP, rather than pay for each upgrade or skip them.

Please email to salesATsofttreetech.com and ask the same question. Because you are an old user, we might be able to make an exception or offer you a good deal on the upgrade.
Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: