SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Unable to Change Window Size from Hidden

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Unable to Change Window Size from Hidden
tharpm

Post Unable to Change Window Size from Hidden Reply with quote
We setup a new 24x7 server and every time we create a new job the Window Size option is grayed out and "Hidden" is selected.

How can we resolve that?
Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
What kind of a job is that?

Thanks
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:01 am View user's profile Send private message
tharpm

Post Reply with quote
It's running an EXE that kicks off.

Did some investigation on the server last night. The user set the jobs up with a "Run As" which would explain why it doesn't show the window to some degree.

The mystery part is the server is logged in with an ID, and the Run As is using the same ID. I know the software doesn't show the window when using a Run As by default but it seems to me you should be able to show them if the Run As is the same ID that is logged into the server however that option is not available to be changed once you set a Runs As.

I guess it makes a good future enhancement suggestion to allow the user to set the window size manually regardless of whether or not a Run As is set and let Windows figure out if the window will really show or not. Then when logged in with the same user as the Run As jobs will show.

Thoughts?
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I see. 'Run As User' jobs by definition are run as Windows batch jobs using batch logon type. They cannot access interactive user's desktop and that's why window size option is not applicable in that mode. Who is logged on to the system makes no real difference. Its a batch run service mode.

The "Hidden" option is preset there to indicate that user won't be able to see the launched process on the screen.
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:18 am View user's profile Send private message
tharpm

Post Reply with quote
Makes sense.

Thank you.
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: