SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Re-Design "Options" window

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Re-Design "Options" window
hitesh

Post Re-Design "Options" window Reply with quote
I have been using SQL Assistant for more then 4 yrs now and this tool has become integral part of s/w development. One thing I always dislikes about SQL Assistance is its "Options" window. It has tooooooo many options which are good for easy configuration but practically not every developer would work on ALL DBs at once. So in my view, if something needs to be enhanced in next ver then I would say it is "options window" screen design. Let user choose which DB targets he/she wants to use and hide out rest of the DB options. That would be a "clean design". Just think about it if time is not a constraint.

Hitesh
Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestion, I'm going to submit it for further review.

In a mean time, you can always delete what you don't need. For example, deleting everything but Oracle related stuff, shouldn't take more than a minute - 8+8 clicks on DB Options tab, 4+4 on Code Formatting, 4+4 on Code Snippets, + 1 click to OK it. Or you can user configuration Import/Export button, and when exporting choose only options you want and choose to overwrite the current configuration, which requires about the same time.
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: