SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
4.7 automatic update

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
4.7 automatic update
jrandall

Post 4.7 automatic update Reply with quote
Am I alone in not being able to get the automatic updater to work? I right-click on the tray icon, select Check for Updates. The tool tells me SQL Assistant 4.7.11 is available and asks me if I want to install. I select Yes. The download runs, a couple of seconds go by, then I get a pop-up msg telling me SQL Assistant version 4.6.1 is running.
Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:31 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This means that some files are locked and the installer is unable to update them. Please make sure you have all edit targets close. I also recommend trying to restart the system to ensure all files are closed and can be updated.
Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 am View user's profile Send private message
jrandall

Post 4.7 automatic update Reply with quote
That did not work. I closed down SSMS (my only "edit target"), rebooted the laptop. Checked to make sure SSMS isn't running. Tried the update again. Same result.
Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Are you logged in as a user with admin privileges? If not, please login as admin, start SQL Assistant in admin mode and try to update.

In case the above doesn't help, please download the install manually and run it in normal mode. It will pick all current settings and update the current installation, basically do the same thing that the Update link menu does automatically. However, if won't run in silent install mode (as the update does), and if it encounters any errors, you would be able to see them on the screen.
Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: