SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Upgrade 3.6.1 released for 24x7 Scheduler - Windows

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Upgrade 3.6.1 released for 24x7 Scheduler - Windows
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Upgrade 3.6.1 released for 24x7 Scheduler - Windows Reply with quote
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Version 3.6.1 is now released. This is a new maintenance version containing new features and fixes for known bugs. Here are brief release notes for 3.6.1

1. New configuration options and automatic alerts for job queue control.
2. Job Automation Language engine (JAL) now uses disk-based cache for storing global variables. There are several implications: values of global variables can be optionally saved between scheduler restarts; global variables are available to detached jobs and to standalone JAL scripts.
3. Macro-parameters with "local" values originated in the schedule engine are now available to detached jobs - this affects mostly file-watch and email-watch jobs which previously couldn't use EVENT specific macro-parameters in detached run mode.
4. New macro-parameters for email watch jobs: "x-message" and "datereceived"
5. New extensions for the Job Automation Language for automating web operations:
-- WebGetDataWithLogin - downloads data and files from sites requiring form-based user authentication.
-- WebPostDatawithLogin - downloads data and files from sites requiring form-based user authentication.
-- WebURLEncode - Applies URL encoding to text data.
-- WebHTMLEncode - Applies HTML encoding to text data.
-- WebStripHTMLTags - Removes HTML/XML tags from text data.
6. New Web Automation Wizard for quick building of web automation jobs.
7. Improvements in the scheduler graphical interface - support for bulk job disable/enable operations at the job folder level; 2-click job duplication; and more.
8. Updated and improved documentation.
9. Fixes for known bugs.

Just in case, here is a reference to the topic describing changes in the prior version http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22713

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 am View user's profile Send private message
mpadilla

Post Reply with quote
Could you post or send the link to the upgrade?
Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The setup program analyses file dependencies and performs a new installation or upgrades an existing installation depending on what it finds already installed and your choice of where to install it. If for the target you pick an existing installation, it will update it as needed.

Please use the download link available on the solution page http://www.softtreetech.com/24x7/
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
Hi, you mention
7. Add support for monitoring file sizes using file masks, which can be used in file wtach jobs to ensure file size stability.

Where do I find that? The dialogue box for file size stability (and file watch trigger etc) still says that this option cannot be used with wildcards.

Thanks
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I guess you are referring to standard "select file" dialog. Windows doesn't support using this dialog to enter file names with wildcards. But nothing stops you from manually typing wildcards in "enter one or more semaphore files" job property, for example,

c:\data\watch_this.txt, c:\data\watch_this_???.txt, c:\data\me*.too

By the way, this is supported since version 3.5.1. There is a typo error in 3.6 release announcement; the ending sentence in 7th paragraph has been accidentally copied from the previous release announcement. I'm going to remove it in order to avoid further confusion.
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
I'm uploading a screenshot of the bit I'm talking about

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:37 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I've done some testing and it looks that message in the Wizard is a bit outdated (since 3.5.1 release). I logged an issue to the internal tracking system to remove that message.
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
mpadilla

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

One of the updates says that:

2. Job Automation Language engine (JAL) now uses disk-based cache for storing global variables. There are several implications: values of global variables can be optionally saved between scheduler restarts; global variables are available to detached jobs and to standalone JAL scripts.

How can I remove Global Variables from the list of global variables available? After restarting the 24x7 instance, some variables I don't need they are still available.
The update says that "optionally" can be saved between scheduler restarts, where do I set this option? (I don't want the variables saved between restarts)
Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You can simple delete the "cache" file. This file is in the 24x7 installation folder.
Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: